Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

LinkBack Thread Tools
12-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Free Member

Hi,

I currently have Reseller account with one of the highly recommended hosts and now want to move away due to pricing reason(25 GB HD, 500GB BW for 114$ a year). I want to upgrade to higher plan but current hosting company is charging me 4.5 times for double the specs(510$). I have no intention to resell and even my current server is not full but I want to move higher specs keeping my business expansion in mind and good service to my clients. I am thinking of moving to Reseller OR VPS with same intention as Reseller account where I create account in WHM, login to cpanel and use Softaculous to install Wordpress or other scripts.

Must Have
Linux based, Softaculous ,Cpanel ,Litespeed
Good support(email is fine)
HD Space 50 GB
Bandwidth – 1.5 to 2 TB
RAM – 1 GB to 2 GB
SSD – charged - Optional
Payment biyearly or Yearly
Free Backup option
Free migration, plus free setup & installation
Reputable - Provides as advertised
Best Location From UAE & India

Not needed
NO Emails – I use Office 365, Google apps Or Domain live.
NO WHMCS – I bill my clients in the maintenance package.

Currently Researched Reseller - This is based on your Top hosts list
Veerotech - 420$
Site5.com - 431$
Stablehost - 330$
EuroVPS - 231$
Crocweb - 347$
Stream 101 - 288$
Hawk Host - 270$
Host Dime - 330$

Currently Researched VPS
Wiredtree.com – 600$ yearly with litespeed
Future hosting – 492 (not sure of litespeed)
Knownhost – 616$
Still researching on good pricing from Veerotech, Site5.com, Liquidweb, Mediatemple, Namecheap, EuroVPS etc.

My clients are mostly some of my own ventures or selected clients(most of my sites are in Wordpress and no high traffic).

Help me if I have missed anything in features as I am looking for total hassle free host and tenure. No time for learning hosting or managing complexity.

Would have loved to stay with current service provider but they are not interested to negotiate. (Would not take there name due to reputation as its totally pricing issue and I am very happy with there service)

Thanks and Regards
Dhruv
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Free Member

Hi there,

I think we spoke via PM over at webhostingtalk.com - I won't go into details on the other providers since I have not personally used them, but pretty much anything listed on this forum, especially outlined by @kpmedia would be a safe choice.

I think now, or before the end of the year would be the best time to purchase though, as many companies are running great specials.

Aside form that, I think you'd get the most of your money going with a reseller account vs a VPS. There's a great article written by kpmedia here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/editorials...ps-servers.htm

-Brent

Last edited by Brent; 12-21-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: changed URL to bold
12-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

For this specific request, EuroVPS would be ideal for you. I'm busy for the next few days because of holidays, but I'll come back and explain why soon. In short, the location, server space/bandwidth, price, and no-WHMCS aspect would be perfect for you. More in-depth details later.

And given the information, I would suggest you not use a VPS. More on that later, too.

Glad to help.

@Brent: Most higher-end companies run the same kind of sane specials all the time. It's the crappy hosts like EIG that have the rock-bottom crazy deals for holidays. I'm of the mindset to just buy what you need, when you need it. Price is secondary with something like hosting. But I'm sure you know all this. Just mentioning my viewpoint for the benefit of the OP. I hate to see consumers tempted by price alone, especially in this industry.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
The following users thank kpmedia for this useful post: Brent (12-21-2013)
12-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Free Member

@brent - Thanks Brent for your prompt response. I am currently on MDDhosting and Veerotech was my first choice but after inquiring about location effect on website SEO (i am located in UAE) i decided to look for Europe or Asia based provider.

Last edited by dhruvcasper; 12-21-2013 at 03:26 PM. Reason: mention brent
12-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Free Member

@kpmedia - Thanks for wonderful site on comparison. I guess this the only thing missing in Webshosting talk. something like Ranking and service offer. I would suggest to further expand the rating based on selection and some other filters of features.

Also in my features i have added Cloudlinux also

I have extended my search for Europe and Asia based providers and below are some more options in my list.

Ezpz - 320$ for years
Bigscoots
Hawkhost
Eleven2
Namecheap
12-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvcasper View Post
@brent - Thanks Brent for your prompt response. I am currently on MDDhosting and Veerotech was my first choice but after inquiring about location effect on website SEO (i am located in UAE) i decided to look for Europe or Asia based provider.
Sure, no worries. We have a UK location being configured & tested however, it has not been released to the public yet. At most, a few more days until we're releasing via our website.

-Brent
12-22-2013, 01:54 AM

We're working on our ranking system right now. In several ways, we intend to have a much better and more helpful site than WHT. WHT is just a forum, and nothing else. These things take time when done well.

As far as the other hosts you're mentioned, there's a reason some of them have not been listed here, Eleven2 especially. And while Namecheap is excellent, and BigScoots has a good reputation as a small host, neither of those are as good a fit for you as EuroVPS would be.

Just a quick thought.

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
12-22-2013, 06:43 AM
Free Member

@Brent - thanks and would await for same.
@kpmedia - I totally understand and its quite a effort and wish you all the best. Apart from Eurovps, do you have alternative like second option.
12-23-2013, 08:32 AM

- Baltic Servers in Lithuania is good, but not sure that they have reseller hosting.
- If you want to go all the way to UK -- which I don't suggest for your needs -- WebhostingBuzz is good.
- Stablehost is an excellent U.S. host with EU (Amsterdam) servers, but shared only last I knew -- no reseller.

EuroVPS has a VERY good price for reseller hosting, for what they offer. They often tweak their prices to match both market condition and internal reasons, so maybe their reseller servers are underused right now? That'd be a good for you, to both grab a deal, and to take advantage of a low-use (low-density) server!

The biggest reason to use Europe is that you want quick speeds to India/UEA location. The closest location is obviously India, but all hosts I've ever seen there are terrible. Even many Indians know this, and host elsewhere because of it. Singapore is also close, but I'm not all that hot on the hosting options there, if I can choose between EU and Singapore. HawkHost and DowntownHost are located there, and are fairly decent hosts. I usually suggest Singapore to Asian countries (Far East), not Middle East locations.

Most of the hosts you were looking at were in the USA. While all good choices, for YOU, maybe not the ideal choice. Make sense?

@Brent:

I look forward to Veerotech having UK locations. Too many UK hosts are terrible. What will be offered in that location, when ready? Shared? Reseller? VPS? etc. The only reason I don't suggest UK hosting to this person is it's yet another hop away from Germany or Amsterdam, and EU is already far enough as it is from Middle East.

It's such a shame that the Middle East has the politics and economies that it does, as it makes the entire area an online blackhole. Another example of how extremism (either politics, religion, or both) is detrimental to modern people that need/want to use modern technologies.

12-23-2013, 09:14 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post

@Brent:

I look forward to Veerotech having UK locations. Too many UK hosts are terrible. What will be offered in that location, when ready? Shared? Reseller? VPS? etc. The only reason I don't suggest UK hosting to this person is it's yet another hop away from Germany or Amsterdam, and EU is already far enough as it is from Middle East.

It's such a shame that the Middle East has the politics and economies that it does, as it makes the entire area an online blackhole. Another example of how extremism (either politics, religion, or both) is detrimental to modern people that need/want to use modern technologies.

The finishing touches & testing are being done today - testing backups, DNS etc etc.

To start, we'll be offering both shared & reseller hosting w/ the same specs as our US shared & reseller hosting. Same price, same specs etc, just different location. VPS will be coming at a later date, most likely just after Christmas.

As it stands at this moment, shared & reseller hosting will be available by the end of today-tomorrow, just in time for some Christmas specials for launching the new location.

-Brent

EDIT: Also, servers will be located in Coventry, UK. Forgot to mention that.

Last edited by Brent; 12-23-2013 at 09:31 AM.
12-24-2013, 06:49 AM
Free Member

@brent - Hi Brent, good to hear that UK server is ready. Can you share the IP address so that i can do ping test from my location
12-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvcasper View Post
@brent - Hi Brent, good to hear that UK server is ready. Can you share the IP address so that i can do ping test from my location
Hi there,

I have sent you a PM with an IP you can use. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Brent
02-04-2014, 11:47 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Hi

According to me a reseller hosting plan exactly matching your configurations can be found at www.prettypumba.com. I am personally using it because its price is lower than than the others and i also like their customer service a lot. Its been 9 months with them and i have never experienced any problem for which i would raise a support ticket or would call them
02-04-2014, 11:59 AM

What is the site you have hosted there?
How did you find them?

It's a fairly new host:
Code:
Domain Name: PRETTYPUMBA.COM
Registry Domain ID: 
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.domain.com
Registrar URL: www.domain.com
Updated Date: 2013-09-12 04:06:59
Creation Date: 2013-04-28 10:59:09
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2014-04-28 10:59:09

Registrant Name: Mandeep Singh
Registrant Organization: Pretty Pumba
Registrant Street: 274, Kalyan Vihar, Near Rana Pratap Bagh
Registrant City: Delhi
Registrant State/Province: NA
Registrant Postal Code: 110009
Registrant Country: IN
Registrant Phone: +91.8750757574
Registrant Email:
Not good for a host to only have their own domain registered for one year at a time. Too many hosts disappear. All it takes to be a "host" is a $10 domain and $10 reseller account at a cheap host.

As recently as October 2013, the site was blank according to a Wayback lookup.

Right now, this post look like spam.

EDIT: Yep, confirmed spammer. Spammed WHT, too. Caught bumping posts from 6+ months ago on several forums.
Added to the list: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/web-...ts-caught.html

The following users thank kpmedia for this useful post: Brent (02-04-2014)

Tags
hosting