Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-23-2016, 06:53 PM
Free Member

Seek best website host & registrar
  • currently on deteriorating Hostmonster & affiliate Fast Domain
  • 6 small business websites (pet groomer, restaurant, wedding venue, etc.)
  • I'm a retired technologist donating websites seeking low costs
  • HTML, CSS & JS code – nothing fancy
  • SpamExperts capability needed for 1 email
Forum EIG buyout description gives important understanding -- Thanks!

Using Forum guides, one option would be
SiteGround/NameCheap
However, the $4 reference in the guide is quite a bit lower than the offered support plans prices.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-27-2016, 01:46 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Hostmonster is/was part of Bluehost, and EIG destroyed them years ago. It was imploding along with Hostgator in 2013, 2014, and 2015. They're now operated by the same cPanel division of EIG, and thus Bluehost, Hostmonster, and Hostgator are identical in every way.

Siteground changed their price about a week ago, to about $10 monthly. It's a test. They may reduce it again, leave it, or settle in the middle. But all said, they are outstanding, even at the higher $10. And honestly, $4 doesn't do them or you any good, as they don't want to hurt their business by cutting corners. They'd not adjusted prices in at least 5 years.

If not using a CMS like WordPress, standard shared hosting should work well.

If not Namecheap or Siteground, then consider Veerotech. They have free SpamExperts for one domain. They have a 30% sale right now, no coupon needed. and the 10-domain plan would be $12. If you content them about just 6 domains, the may cut off a few more dollars, It never hurts to ask!

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
Closed Thread

Tags
host, registrar, website host, website registrar