04-16-2019, 10:23 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

What's the best hosting from your point of view comparing accounts from hostingsource.com and yourlasthost.com?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-16-2019, 05:24 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

What exactly are you looking for?

You've made several suspicion posts in recent weeks, naming random hosts, and not following up your previous questions with more replies.

Please clarify.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
09-27-2019, 02:11 AM
Free Member

Website hosting is more accessible than ever before in the history of the internet. There's no need to be a programming genius or a code expert. As a matter of fact, you don't need to know any of that. With the customer support capabilities and instant information access, anyone can get a website started.
09-26-2020, 09:05 AM
Free Member

What exactly are you looking for? The only question is whether you have access to the server's location. If you have a server that you do not host, do not have access to (for example, a friend's computer), or it is a large enterprise and you need physical access, then this is one thing. If you choose a special bare metal server, then try to change the operator/source of communication. For example, I was lucky to find a normal host only with the 3rd attempt, so that there were no problems with it. But I have a small project, so I'm not particularly sad about it)
10-13-2020, 11:43 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Most of these are probably spammer replies. But I'll reply anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardredi View Post
There's no need to be a programming genius or a code expert. As a matter of fact, you don't need to know any of that.
That's not really accurate. You need some basic fundamental knowledge about how sites work from the back-end, even if you're not the ones coding it. There is a learning curve. You can't be a completely clueless, yet have a successful site (unless you pay somebody else to do it for you).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessyJ View Post
What exactly are you looking for?
That's really the only accurate thing you stated.

Hosting needs must be paired with a hosting service. There's too many aspects to hosting to just randomly grab a tiny shared account, or unmanaged VPS, or whatever else. The need (site, app) determines the tool (hosting type, company used, etc).

Quote:
The only question is whether you have access to the server's location.
In the era of CDN and CloudFlare, this doesn't really matter as it once did. Some, but not entirely, and less so than at any time in web history.

Quote:
If you have a server that you do not host,
Huh?

Quote:
do not have access to (for example, a friend's computer),
That would be really dumb to do.

Quote:
or it is a large enterprise and you need physical access, then this is one thing.
I guess? But the modern shift is to cloud for enterprise, like AWS, not in-housing bare metal services in a stuffy hot closet in the back office.

Quote:
If you choose a special bare metal server, then try to change the operator/source of communication.
Huh?

Quote:
For example, I was lucky to find a normal host only with the 3rd attempt, so that there were no problems with it. But I have a small project, so I'm not particularly sad about it)
Three attempts? Yikes!

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
Closed Thread