digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Web Hosting (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/web-hosting/)
-   -   Veerotech Review: outstanding quality service! (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/web-hosting/5847-veerotech-review-outstanding.html)

Impulse 04-09-2014 01:23 AM

Veerotech Review: outstanding quality service!

I just wanted to do a quick review for Veerotech. I used them for a short period of time but they were highly recommended by Kpmedia.

Simply speaking, I usually go towards the Smaller types of hosts. No, not host who are teens working but the small hosts who are dedicated to their userbase and providing excellent customer service. It seems like the big time hosting companies care so much about the profit that if you leave unhappy they don't care because another 100 people are ready to sign-up to replace you.

Small Companies are much more personable. They hold your hand if you need it and they are usually more personable. Not to say big companies aren't, but i do love the fact that at any given time in a ticket i can more or less get to know the person helping me versus a big company that may have multiple people replying and then you run into the issue of people not reading the tickets.

Pre-Sales: A+(5 out of 5 stars)

I bugged Brent with a ton of questions leading up to my eventual signing-up. I was concerned at first because they are a smaller company and while small companies are great, you do wonder sometimes will they be around. You know companies like Wiredtree or Knownhost aren't going to just disappear randomly but small hosts sometimes run into these issues. Be it because they burnout or they are just after a quick buck and run, who knows. Anything can happen.

Brent definitely reassured me and let me into his vision for his company and he was very transparent about the size of the company/staff and all that great stuff. I didn't get that usual Salesman BS that some hosts give you. I got the truth and I respected that.

Sales questions were answered promptly.

Sign-up & Migration/Set-up: 5 out of 5 stars

The sign-up process was very simple(no different than any other hosts. Chose the package and pay really) and they actually took about 24 hours to get everything going for you. Making sure everything was great and then testing it out before moving you over to them.

I am not used to that kind of work as many companies just are ready to throw you on the server without really testing you out and seeing what needs to be done.

There was a small glitch of something that happened but it was quickly fixed and Brent(the owner) definitely made sure it was fixed and we were good to go.

Uptime & Speed(4.5 out of 5 stars)

We chose their North Carolina server in Lenoir. I chose NC because it is my hometown/state(I now split between NJ and CT for school) and it was either there or Chicago and since my previous host was on Chicago, i decided to try a new location.

Overall, the uptime was great and the speed was great. They use KVM servers and of course i added Litespeed. Speed was great. There were a few issues here and there where there may have been a few mins of downtime or something like that but nothing horrible.

Support(4.5 out of 5)

Support was great as well for the most part. Keeping in mind this is a smaller host, they are relatively fast for a small team with answering questions. Replies were sent most of the time within the hour(sometimes less than an hour) and quickly resolved. There were a few situations where the issue did take longer than an hour as they had to be escalated to a higher level repped, which is why i dinged off a .5 as i felt that took a slightly longer time than i wished for. But i never had a reply that went over say 4 hours or so. Great support response time that rivals even some of the big names

(Wiredtree support had me one time waiting nearly 14 hours for a reply).

Why I left?

if things were so great why did you leave? Good question. It wasn't anything wrong with the hosting and I actually enjoyed my time there. I was treated well and it was money well spent.

However, I was looking for something a little more cost efficient. The plan that i wanted to downgrade to was more align in with my budget but there was a little confusion as to downgrading the plan. I figured it was quite easy to downgrade/upgrade a plan at any time but if I was going to downgrade from one plan to another, I was warned that may not have been the best move for me. It wasn't explained the best(or maybe I didn't understand).

We then discussed downgrading it to another plan but the price was a little more than I wanted to spend for what was offered as far as resources so I decided for now to just switch back to my previous host. Only because it was more cost effective for me to do that.

Veerotech was certainly an awesome company and I Had a great experience with them. Budget wise i just needed something that offered a little more bang for the buck(for me). I actually wish to use them again in the near future for an unrelated project!

I whole-heartedly recommend them to you all! If you're looking for an amazing host(Shared, VPS or Dedi) do give them a go.

kpmedia 08-23-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Impulse (Post 31396)
Small Companies are much more personable. They hold your hand if you need it and they are usually more personable.

Just to confirm, yes, this is usually the case. :)

Quote:

Pre-Sales: A+(5 out of 5 stars)
Sign-up & Migration/Set-up: 5 out of 5 stars
Uptime & Speed(4.5 out of 5 stars)
Support(4.5 out of 5)
This was a decently detailed review -- far more than normal I'm sure they'll appreciate it! (Brent didn't respond, but he is a member here. He probably read it. Maybe he will after my bump?)

Quote:

Overall, the uptime was great and the speed was great. They use KVM servers and of course i added Litespeed.
I often wonder why a non-web host would use LiteSpeed -- that's really who it was made for. It's best for shared servers -- assuming that's not you, and you're sticking lots of clients on it.For a single owner, even with multiple sites, there's nothing wrong with Apache 2.4, reverse proxy nginx, and Varnish cache. That's what I use on several servers.

Quote:

Why I left?
Sometimes that just happens -- you get a good host, yet you need to leave for some reason. That happened with us a Futurehosting a few years ago. (Though these days, we'd probably not return since they use Virtuozzo instead of Xen, KVM, Hyper-V or VMware.)

Remember that we keep our list of suggested hosts updated weekly, if you ever need another one:

Need a good web host? — Read our 2018 Review of the Best Web Hosts
Quite often, problems with web sites are caused by having a rotten web host. Worse yet, many hosts try to blame you (the customer) for the problems! So dump that lousy company. Say goodbye to slow sites, unresponsive support techs, and downtime. Find yourself a new host today. Whether you need shared, reseller, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or dedicated hosting, something on our list should be a good upgrade for you.

quietdaryl 08-30-2020 02:58 PM

Curious if Veerotec has changed owners or management lately? They seem to be operating differently and the tech support is not as friendly as they used to be. Would appreciate any updates!

Thanks - Quietdaryl

Brent 09-04-2020 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpmedia (Post 33987)
Just to confirm, yes, this is usually the case. :)
This was a decently detailed review -- far more than normal I'm sure they'll appreciate it! (Brent didn't respond, but he is a member here. He probably read it. Maybe he will after my bump?)

I know this post is quite old however, I do not recall seeing it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quietdaryl (Post 71113)
Curious if Veerotec has changed owners or management lately? They seem to be operating differently and the tech support is not as friendly as they used to be. Would appreciate any updates!

Thanks - Quietdaryl

Regarding this, we haven't changed owners or management but as you mention tech support not being friendly, this is a concern. Could you point me to a ticket that I can review or outline any issues you've seen?