Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Free Member

Hey there,

I'm looking for a rock solid dedicated server to run a tracking application. It'll need to handle a few million clicks per day while not skipping a beat.

I'm currently looking at Liquidweb and HostDime.

So far, I'm leaning towards a Storm Dedicated E3-1240 V2, 31.5GB ram and a 463GB SSD RAID10 array for $330/mo on LiquidWeb vs. a 2x E5-2620 V2, 32GB ram and 4x 128GB SSD RAID10 array for $280/mo on HostDime.

While the LiquidWeb deal is a little more expensive, the HostDime box will get me an additional 16 HT cores in the CPU dept. That would give me a ton of headroom for $60 less every month.

As far as peering goes, HostDime is also connected to the Miami Terremark NAP which should give me great peering to Latin America, where I'll also be getting a lot of traffic from. But I also want a well-rounded host as I'll be getting traffic from the US, Europe and Asia as well.

Any thoughts? Any specific reason why I should choose LiquidWeb besides their "Heroic Support?" I've been with them in the past and have zero complaints. I also love the fact that I can resize and redeploy new servers in seconds on LW--not sure if that's something I can do on HD as well.

Any other providers I should be looking at? Open to all advice and suggestions. Thanks!

Last edited by integrity; 03-04-2015 at 07:07 PM.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-05-2015, 09:04 AM
Free Member

I have used leaseweb for quite some time and it has always had a great score regarding price/performance in my book and have a nice network and peering with DC's in both EU and US.

Also several million clicks can mean anything A click of a single url with 3 bytes of text or huge video's etc.

-P
03-06-2015, 03:07 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude View Post
I have used leaseweb for quite some time and it has always had a great score regarding price/performance in my book and have a nice network and peering with DC's in both EU and US.

Also several million clicks can mean anything A click of a single url with 3 bytes of text or huge video's etc.

-P
Hey there,

Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't really looked into their offerings much, will definitely check them out with more detail.

And the application I need to run will be receiving millions of clicks a day, all of which will be written to a database along with many unique details, such as country, city, device, ISP, ect... So the server needs to be able to handle that. Many processor cores and lots of ram paired up with a nice SSD RAID array is what I'm looking for.
03-06-2015, 03:36 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

For an unmanaged dedicated, yet still reliable (not a budget host), go with WebhostingBuzz.
They have excellent support, and nice pricing.

That's where we have several servers that are vital to what we do.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
Closed Thread