Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
05-11-2015, 11:37 AM
Free Member

Hi, I'm looking to start a reselling business in Costa Rica. I currently have 8 clients using Wordpress hosted on Siteground Shared Hosting, which I absolutely love as a shared Wordpress Hosting. It was very difficult enough to decide on a shared hosting, since most of them had bad reviews, and Siteground was pretty much the only one I couldn't find a bad review for. No complaints at all on the shared hosting, pretty good hosting, good speed and uptime, but now I want to upgrade to a reseller account somewhere and I don't like Siteground reseller plans.

So, I've been reading about reseller hostings and I have yet to find one I like, so I'd like to ask here for some advice. Now, since I live in Costa Rica and all of my clients are here, something in Miami or southern US would be best, but Siteground is in Chicago and it's been pretty good either way. I've seen some options, but I'd like some advice/recommendations. Wordpress optimized preferably

My biggest WP site is getting around 80k views/month, followed by around 50k, followed by less than 5k on all others. All Wordpress, so Wordpress Optimization/Support in the server is quite important. Also, I don't know much about managing servers, so VPS is not an option, so I need cpanel or equivalent and most of the work done for me by the hosting.

So far, the only one I've found in Miami is Site5, but it's $25.99/month for the cheapest plan, which I don't mind paying if I'm 100% sure it's the best choice. I'm already aware of staying away from EIG, so others I've considered are:
Namecheap(I use them for domains already),
Inmotion (I like their plans and I find them everywhere)
Veerotech(First heard of them in these forums today, but I don't know about their Wordpress support?)

Any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

PS-

I just found webhostingbuzz, which I think is winning so far, pretty good plans and I had a hard time finding bad reviews for them. Locations in either Atlanta or Dallas, which isn't Miami, but for the price difference I think it could work.

Any thoughts/comments about them? I was thinking about starting with their 9.95 reseller plan. https://www.webhostingbuzz.com/reseller-hosting/
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

05-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

You are correct, Miami is the "best" location, from a standpoint of latency, but latency is just a small portion of the factors that must be considered.

Finding a host that explicitly supports WordPress, as a reseller, will probably not be something you find. Managing WordPress requires a lot of human time (not server time), and is thus costlier to maintain. WordPress hosts want to deal directly with clients, not middlemen. If you want to be a reseller, you'll need to supply the WordPress management on your own.

For Miami, Site5 is easily the best choice.

But for Costa Rica, Phoenix and Dallas locations should be pretty decent as well.

Note: Hostdime is in Orlando, but they don't have the best reviews either. They've been downgraded in our reviews twice now, and are about to have it happen a third time. They may be dropped altogether this month.

WebhostingBuzz is an excellent host. We use them for a port of this site, both their US and UK locations.

Veerotech is an excellent host, and we use them for our major secondary projects, as well as a portion of this site.

Namecheap has excellent uptime and servers, but the support is better from the WebhostignBuzz brand. They're not the same company, but related (like siblings). Support quality is the same, but Namecheap averages 2-3 hour responses, while WHB is about 1 hour (sometimes faster). NC also powers a portion of this site, as well as our major secondary projects.

Note: If you use any of these hosts, remember to use our links. While our advice is NOT influenced by monetary kickbacks, the modest funds received are one way we support this site. (If it was about money, then we'd be suggesting EIG brands. But it's not, and we don't!)

If you have any more questions, ask.

Each of the hosts you're looking at is one that we use ourselves, and have for years now.

The only thing you did not mention was budget? What are you looking to spend?

And what are you charging your customers? What I often find is people want to pay the minimum, and resell for the maximum. That never works out. For example, if you have 8 clients, and charge them $25 each per month, then you have $200 income to play with -- and surely you'll land more clients. So $50-100 is not unreasonable for the hosting.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
05-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Free Member

Thank you for your reply. Now I know I can't really go wrong with either

Price is not really an issue, I'll pay what is necessary, but I think a $50-$100 server would be overkill right now, so I want to start with a simpler plan and upgrade with the same company as my needs grow. I currently have them all on 2 $15/mo servers and have no issues, I just want to separate them a little bit.

So, in terms of speed and reliability they're all similar?
I see WebHostingBuzz cheapest $9.95 plan has 5 times the bandwidth as the $49.95 Site5 plan and the $34.99 Veerotech plan and all have more than enough disk space, so they're still winning if they're as good as the others. But why is this? What makes WebHostingBuzz so much cheaper?, no catch here?.

Also, I just added StableHost to my list, but I don't see any details about their plans, so not sure about them... Deciding is so hard, so many options, so many questions!

Oh, and whatever I decide, you can be sure I'll use your links
Closed Thread