03-01-2016, 10:54 PM
Free Member

Hi, I was talking to the user "asgard" and he mentioned you've used EuroVPS for quite a while.

I was thinking of giving them a try, but remember having read somewhere here that they are not the type of company that "likes" inexperienced customers.

Can you please give me some feedback on them?

Thanks!

This question was asked via email. Site Staff no longer answer tech questions via email, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-01-2016, 11:15 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

The answer to this is not a simple 'yes' or 'no'.

No company wants to deal with whiny, needy customers -- unless they're getting paid for it. And the hosting industry is not a high-dollar industry. Some customers always want with-a-smile service. And in this field, they want it for the cost of a fast-food lunch.

Consider some stupid tickets:
"My site isn't working, I need you fix it now, I'm losing millions of dollars!" (on a $10/month hosting plan)
"My site no worky." (seriously)
"Email won't work." (no details)
"I need you to install WordPress and find me a good theme."

Some companies will try to make a customer happy, no matter what, often to the detriment of other customers. For example, EIG is a horrible company, yes. But their own customers make it worse due to their asinine demands, lack of reading, and inane laziness. A company like EuroVPS isn't going to help just you, and let other tech tickets stack up. Because you're only paying a few dollars for hosting, adding more staff isn't an option. After a while, they're going to cut you off. So in that regards, no they're not "newbie-friendly". They're a serious host with serious customers to support.

Last year, they went entirely unmanaged -- likely to avoid these situations. But word on the grapevine is they're going back to managed, including "managed shared", for a premium price. That should scare off the cheapskate customers (who incidentally are the ones that are lazy non-readers). That would make them a little more newbie-friendly again.

For years, Stablehost was very accommodating to stupid questions, but even they had to start charging for support under certain conditions. And I hold them up as an example of the most newbie-friendly host that I've come across in 20+ years.

Does that help?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
Closed Thread