Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Free Member

As I'm sure you're aware, EIG has purchased Site5. However, your editorials still list Site5 as a good alternative to Hostgator/EIG.

The service at Site5 might still be good, but there's a big risk that it won't stay that way. See http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-n...ew-subscribers.

Quote:
“We expect to manage these businesses at break‐even to marginally profitable for the rest of the year as we migrate their subscriber bases to our back end platform,” Ravichandran said in the earnings call. “Once on platform, we expect to reach favorable economics and adjusted EBITDA contribution consistent with our previous framework for realizing synergies from acquisitions.”
I.e., EIG is planning to put Site5 customers on the same platform where Hostgator et al. customers went.

Your editorials still claim that Site5 is a way to get away from EIG, but that's no longer true. At least put a note in there marking the change!

Last edited by Kathucka; 04-07-2016 at 06:14 PM.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Yep, it's currently in progress. It's on my screen right now.

Site5 was purchased last year, but it's still under Site5 control. The EIG takeover hasn't begun yet. So current Site5 users are still safe.

InMotion, Siteground, Namecheap, Stablehost and Veerotech are all good alternatives in 2016.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
Closed Thread