Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-29-2017, 07:36 AM
Free Member

Hello

We are offering free web hosting to all community members. You can get this characteristics for free:
3 000 MB of disk space
100 000 MB bandwidth/monthly
PHP 5.2 - 7.0
MySQL 5.6
One script installer (You can install Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, SMF, phpBB, ... with only one click)
Website builder (create webpage without coding)
No ads
Free support
And much more, visit our webpage at webbera.co.uk and check our offer.

Do you have any suggestions about design/service ?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-03-2017, 09:19 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

This is something that we'd normally consider spam, but I'll let it slide for now.

Why, you ask? Because there's not many decent free hosting options these days.
- In the 90s, it was all about Geocities/Tripod/Xoom, etc, and you web pages had branded junk on them.
- In the 00s, it was often "post to host" nonsense.
- In the 10s, lots have disappeared, or are run by rude gamer kiddies.

Note:
- Nobody should ever use a free host for something that matters!
- This includes NEVER registering a domain with them!

But for silly blogs (not earning money), test sites, etc -- free hosting can be a good option.

Tips:
- Always keep your own backups.
- Always move it to a quality paid host the second it becomes important to you.

Need a good web host? — Read our 2018 Review of the Best Web Hosts
Quite often, problems with web sites are caused by having a rotten web host. Worse yet, many hosts try to blame you (the customer) for the problems! So dump that lousy company. Say goodbye to slow sites, unresponsive support techs, and downtime. Find yourself a new host today. Whether you need shared, reseller, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or dedicated hosting, something on our list should be a good upgrade for you.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
02-04-2017, 01:50 AM
Free Member

If you think that this is bad idea here are same answers/questions:

- We are legit company and we do not put a lot of money in ads instead we provide free service on stable servers. There is difference in investing 700$ per week in ads or provide free hosting and promote our service. Can you tell me why do you think that our server and service are bad ?

- You said that they should not register domain name with us ? Can you explain us why ? We are using registers like enom and because we have a lot of domains we get better price. Did you check our price for .com domain name ?
When someone order domain name it is registered with his personal details (first and last name, address, city, postal, email address, ...). All technical, administrators and client fields for domain name are on client name and client can take it any time to other provider.

I can understand that there is a lot of fake free hosting that are running by individuals (not companies).

Did you check our service/support ? I would recommend you to check it till now we have more then 7000 registrations and all that people are using our service. If you try to google you will not find bad review about our service because we always try to provide best service as we can. We don't have hidden limitations and even you can recommend our free service and we are going to provide you paid hosting plan (for full year) for free.

I'm glad that you open this questions and I'm interesting why do you have this kind of vision about free hosting service.

EDIT: did you check our server uptime status? We didn't hide link from where do we monitor webpage because transparency.

Last edited by Webbera; 02-04-2017 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Uptime edit
02-13-2017, 03:29 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

In a word: Experience. 20+ years worth, since the early/mid 1990s.

A domain is a very, very important aspect of being online. No host should ever be used to register domains, as the internet is rife with horror stories of hosts losing domains. Hostgator, even pre-EIG, did that too many times. LiquidWeb and EuroVPS are two of the best hosts in the industry, yet even they cannot and should not be trusted with domains. Why? Because hosts are NOT the registrars. They can resell, sure, but things get murky. Want to be safe? Buy the domain directly from a reputable registrar: Namecheap, Directnic, even Godaddy. (Note that many registrars also offer hosting.)

Price doesn't sway me one iota when it comes to domain names. I want security, not the ability to save $1 per year.

It's good to be a legit company. Kudos.

I have no opinion (yet) one way or the other, in terms of it being a bad or good company.

Yep, the freebie hosting industry is full of bottom feeders, as is the cheap VPS industry. One must be very careful when treading those waters.

I see value and wisdom in free hosting. But inversely, it would be a major mistake in others. It all comes down to the demographics of the target user.

Not hiding your uptime stats is commendable.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
06-25-2017, 01:16 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Upon further review, this "free host" is exactly the sort of operation that we do NOT suppor. You're endangering your online presence by using it.

Why, you ask?

(1) Pretending to be in one location, but are really in another. We take a dim view of companies (or "companies") hiding their true location. This supposed .co.uk (UK) website is actually run out of Croatia. The OP of this thread is using the 93.139.0.0/16 range, Hrvatski Telekom, and appears to be using a residential DSL connection. The UK address is a fake virtual mailbox. It has zero actual UK presence, and does not disclose this fact.

Actual owners: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...83484/officers

(2) Much of the site is copied from elsewhere. For example, the "refund policy" copies Godaddy.com almost verbatim. Hosts (or "hosts") like this tend to not even know what's written in "their" documentation as a result.

Bangladesh "SEO" spammers had also descended on this thread to leave fake comments. Those were all deleted.

If you truly need free hosting, then use x10Hosting. It's one of the few actual legitimate companies with free offerings (owner of x10Premium Hosting, maker of the xVarnish server software). USA-based owmership and support.

Better yet, buy some good hosting:

Need a good web host? — Read our 2018 Review of the Best Web Hosts
Quite often, problems with web sites are caused by having a rotten web host. Worse yet, many hosts try to blame you (the customer) for the problems! So dump that lousy company. Say goodbye to slow sites, unresponsive support techs, and downtime. Find yourself a new host today. Whether you need shared, reseller, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or dedicated hosting, something on our list should be a good upgrade for you.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Closed Thread

Tags
free web hosting, web hosting, webbera free web hosting