Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-19-2018, 12:10 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

I want a hosting provider for my store and I need help in choosing the best hosting providers from the list that i have seen
Code:
https://magenticians.com/magento-hosting
http://www.hostingadvice.com/reviews/magento
It would be appreciated if anyone help me to choose hosting provider that they already experienced and has good services. I want to open an online store for which i need a hosting provider that provides good loading speed for my online store.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-19-2018, 12:22 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Both of those links are to "review" sites.

HostingAdvice is just you average scam/sham site, suggesting that you use EIG brands (BlueHost, Hostgator, etc). Understand their advice is for themselves to profit off you. Or rather, to profit off your misery, as EIG is a truly miserable experience.

That other sites is a mix, both with good and bad advice.
- Cloudways and Hostgator (EIG) have no business being in their lists.
- And while A2 Hosting and Siteground are quite excellent providers, neither are optimized for Magento.

Magento is a beast of an application, with a new install comprising 10k+ files and wanting lots of resources. Add a few users, and the site gets stressed very easily on a shared server. Admin/users of this store needs to pay close attention to caching, PHP, MySQL and RAM.

Nexcess is what you want for Magento hosting.

The other option is your own 2gb+ managed VPS. That's best for having multiple Magento stores. For example, LiquidWeb, Knownhost, or IOzoom.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
02-28-2018, 02:31 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

I think that the most important thing in magento is to find good company which will be delivering you best service and support. Having that said I can recommend you checking such provider as mechanicweb.com. They do have real support and have up to 45 days money back guarantee.
03-05-2018, 01:14 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stendal View Post
I can recommend you checking such provider as mechanicweb.com.
No.

You just mentioned what I said NOT to do.

This is Magento. Not WordPress. Magento is a piggy resource-hungry app, that needs specific settings in cache and php, to work even remotely decently. So again, get a Magento host that tweaks the server for ONLY using Magento sites. Like Nexcess.

Or, failing that, your own managed VPS -- but also tweaked for Magento needs.

Most generic shared hosts, when given a Magento error will either blame the user, or simply say "duh" ("we don't support third-party scripts"). But the typical issue is again resources and cache. You won't get that on a $5 plan, regardless of whether SSD/LiteSpeed/etc is used.

Just no.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
Closed Thread

Tags
web hosting