Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
05-18-2018, 05:52 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

I have a WooCommerce-based ecommerce store which currently has more than 100K traffic per month and I am gradually losing my visitors due to increased page load times. I am considering switching my hosting provider. What would you suggest?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

05-31-2018, 09:26 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

100,000 traffic = unique visitors? If so, that's getting into semi-dedicated or beefy managed VPS territory.

At the moment, I'd give Knownhost a good stern look. They've made some movement this year to their products offerings that I'm liking very much. It was already a good company with good products, but it's now even better.

Grab a 4gb VPS for $50 per month. That will give you the raw power to not only not lose customers, but gain momentum and new customers. Of course, keep trying to optimize the site, but the resources of a quality decent-RAM VPS helps. This very site isn't necessarily highly optimized, because we just want and need certain things to happen with it, so we just throw CPU and RAM at it -- and it flies as a result.

Need a good web host? — Read our 2018 Review of the Best Web Hosts
Quite often, problems with web sites are caused by having a rotten web host. Worse yet, many hosts try to blame you (the customer) for the problems! So dump that lousy company. Say goodbye to slow sites, unresponsive support techs, and downtime. Find yourself a new host today. Whether you need shared, reseller, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or dedicated hosting, something on our list should be a good upgrade for you.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
06-08-2018, 02:14 PM

You can use cPanel Web Hosting
it includes Softaculous and 400+ one click apps including WordPress and then you'll just need to install the Woocommerce plugin.
07-24-2018, 05:59 AM

You can purchase a web hosting plan with better specifications or opt for a virtual private server. How much disk space do you need, in fact? You may check out SSD storage and CloudFlare CDN - this will help you significantly improve the loading speed of your site.
07-24-2018, 11:10 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web Hosting UK View Post
it includes Softaculous and 400+ one click apps including WordPress and then you'll just need to install the Woocommerce plugin.
But you'll need a Woo-compatible theme as well. When it comes to Woo, the "quick install" isn't really as simply as just 1-clicking everything.

If you want 1-click ecommerce, OpenCart is nice, great WordPress/Woo alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltonE View Post
check out SSD storage and CloudFlare CDN - this will help you significantly improve the loading speed of your site.
Not really. Sure, SSD can help, CloudFlare can help, but those are just parts of the website puzzle. A site on an SSD server using CloudFlare can still be massively slow. And many are.

In fact, a good HDD array can be just as fast as SSD.

CloudFlare is great, we use it here, but it's not beneficial to everyone. In fact, it can actually slow down a site when using the default settings. CloudFlare works best when the settings are customized and tweaked to the needs of the site.

Both of you were spammers posting misleading information.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
Closed Thread

Tags
hosting, woocommerce