10-10-2018, 06:49 PM
Free Member

Hello! I'm currently using a Let's Encrypt SSL certificate, which is included in my web hosting plan by BGOcloud (at no additional cost). My question is - how good are such certificates and should I look for paid SSL certificates or my current one is absolutely fine? Thanks in advance for your suggestions and tips!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-14-2018, 11:42 AM
Free Member

Hi,
Let's Encrypt SSL certificate or better TLS certificate are as good as the other certificate that costs 30 dollars or so.
The only difference is they expires every 3 months not every year.
They are not green bar: when you have an Extended Validation SSL Certificate (green bar), you can enable the EV green address bar in all browsers that support it. But it is not important.
10-15-2018, 02:04 AM
Free Member

I advocate for a paid SSL certificate for its additional security features and long validity. A free SSL certificate is good for small business or basic websites but when it comes to a large organization or online shopping etc we need to go for a Paid SSL certificate.
03-21-2019, 03:40 PM
Free Member

Let's Encrypt is a great SSL cert. A lot of times just having the certification is what really matters. Unless you're dealing with huge amounts of data and require extra security, you're probably fine with the one you have.
Closed Thread