Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-13-2019, 08:46 AM
Free Member

I am looking for a hosting provider that supports PHP-FPM and Zend cache. I have a client whose PHP website is using both for performance optimization. He wants to switch hosting because he had a bad experience with his current hosting provider. I search a little and found that there are only few providers that support this, Cloudways PHP MySQL hosting and Heroku PaaS. Has any of you had any experience with either of these hosting providers?

Code:
https://www.cloudways.com/en/php-cloud-hosting.php
https://www.heroku.com
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-16-2019, 01:56 AM
Free Member

Hey codevil (I like your name on at least three levels haha), have you considered a VPS? Not sure what kind of service you're providing this client, but if appropriate you could rent a VPS yourself and set it up with the desired PHP extensions/config. A little sysadmin experience plus readily available online tutorials could provide vertical integration that benefits the services you offer (depending on what exactly they are haha). I can recommend a VPS company if you'd like. A step further would be colocation but I'll leave that for another response.
03-17-2019, 12:56 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Cloudways isn't a host. They provide support on top of platforms like AWS, Linode, Vultr, etc -- essentially just an unmanaged VPS.

PHP-FPM is a built-in mode for cPanel these days, so there's a good chance that many shared hosts already are using that sort of setup. You just need to contact some of them. While we track many hosts, I never get into the details of the exact php modules being run. And it can and does change, especially on a cPanel server, due to regular forced updates.

Contact A2 Hosting, Veerotech, MDDHosting, InMotion, Siteground, see what the response is.

Platforms likes AWS, Heroku, etc, get really complicated really quickly, even for seasoned hosting users. It's not something I suggest getting into as a casual business owner just trying to host sites. All you'd be doing is adding a layer of frustration and complexity that could be avoided.

Online tutorials alone are dangerous, because most don't fully make you aware of security concernts and hidden costs of making a VPS truly run as you need. Both managed and unmanaged (especially unmanaged!) also require time for upkeep. And that's just the server, not counting any time developing/maintaining sites.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
09-27-2019, 02:11 AM
Free Member

Once you sign up for a reliable web host for your website, you gain immediate access to any of the tools and features, and start building your web pages within minutes!
Closed Thread

Tags
hosting, php fpm, zend