01-28-2010, 03:02 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

I admin a vBulletin site for a friend, and she uses SiteGround as her host.

For some reason, emails send through the "Contact Us" form at the bottom of the page,

and the mail option under
  • admincp
    • Users
      • Send Email to Users
Would not send.

HOWEVER, the automatic thread notifications, PM email alerts, and other similar messages were working fine.

Based off the information I read from http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=1691, I took a chance and replaced all instances of vbmail() with mail() in the sendmessage.php file.

HOWEVER, again, there were problems. I would get this error message:

Code:
Warning: mail() expects at most 5 parameters, 7 given in [path]/sendmessage.php on line 312
and email still did not send.

On line 312, about halfway down the sendmessage.php file, I changed one instance of mail() back to vbmail()
PHP Code:
vbmail($destemail$subject$messagefalse$vbulletin->GPC['email'], ''$name); 
NOW IT WORKS!

Email can be sent through both the sendmessage Contact Us form, as well as the adminCP interface for admins to email all members.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

Tags
admincp, email, sendmessage, siteground, vbulletin