12-11-2012, 05:19 AM
Premium Member

Let me know how to SSH in when you get a chance. It looks like php_GD and ImageMagick aren't installed. WordPress doesn't resize images on upload.

Put a ticket in if you can or just let me know the SSH.

This question has been split from another post or thread. This was done in order to address the topic more in depth, make it easier to find via forum searches, as well as prevent the other post/thread from going too far off-topic. Please continue this part of the conversation here. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-11-2012, 05:39 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

I made this a new post and shared it public because it covers an important topic -- cPanel servers should not be updated through SSH because of all the cPanel proprietary code. Taking just these two items into consideration...

ImageMagick has a special script that you run through root:
Code:
/scripts/installimagemagick
and GD is compiled using EasyApache with WHM (the cPanel admin GUI). It's not "installed" but rather compiled directly into PHP.

If you were to update some of these things manually in SSH, outside of the cPanel ecosystem, it could (1) make a big mess and completely screw up the server's functionality, or (2) only be a temporary change, as the cPanel updates would later wipe out what you've added. cPanel maintains an internal list of packages and compile instructions, and uses those for updates; most good server admins let cPanel auto-update.

Just an FYI. I'd hate to see you screw up the server.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
12-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Premium Member

Great! That fixed it. I was looking today and found directions for WHM and EasyApache that mirror what you said.