Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
10-10-2022, 08:30 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,460 Times in 2,092 Posts
For the love of God, please listen to me. Heed my advice.

In the past 24 hours, I'm now trying to help two people that thought I was ...

... I don't know ...

- Trying to sway you to buy my gear -- not from the random unverified people on eBay?
- Overly dramatic, writing/speaking generalities -- "surely" not all sellers are bad, or even a majority?

BUT NO!!!
WHAT I SAY IS NOW THE NORM, NOT THE EXCEPTION!!!

Two people here are now learning this the hard way.

Seller #1
is a complete POS. The "working" and "tested" JVC S-VHS VCR arrived, and ate a tape. Wait, what's this? The deck has "anti-tamper"/warranty type stickers? The seller insisted the buyer send it back with the buyer's tape inside, and may not open the unit. But the seller was a rude SOB from the start, not to be trusted. The buyer opens the deck, gets back his tape. eBay says this is fine. And yet the seller is fighting the return now, because his BS stickers were removed. This is going to be a long drawn-out fight for weeks. The seller likely never even plugged in the VCR, much less tested it. He has no idea what is special about a JVC S-VHS VCR, as per his rude comments. The seller is making wild conspiracy-like claims for why the buyer needed to open the bad deck ("to harvest parts", etc), and refuses to accept the simple obvious answer. Fun, huh?

Seller #2
sold a green AVT-8710. But oh no, wait, it's a black AVT-8710 board in a green case! And in that auction, the seller refers to his "other" AVT-8710. I'd bet big bucks it's a green board in a black case. Would you care to place a bet?

This is now eBay for video gear. Liars, scammers.

In 2022 alone, there have been multiple bad sellers, bad actors, intentionally selling bad gear, hoping the buyer is an idiot, or even a wuss (won't fight, just roll over a take the $k reaming).

Please stop doing this to yourselves.

Please.
Pretty please.
Sugar on top.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: CaptureDJ (10-10-2022), nebs0n (10-10-2022), Pixie (10-10-2022)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors