Quantcast The Terminal...a Good Moment + that's Food for Thought. - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
11-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Free Member

Send a message via AIM to california101radio
Hi,

I would have liked to participate to the 80's best cartoon topic, but we don't have the same names when it comes to exporting toons from their native land to others!
Too bad... A blink of an eye (I can't do elsewhere, I can't) to the Karl's wondefull Avatar !..... omg! Jeasus, genial!

An example: I spent many months or years to know the real name of the "Dukes of Hazard" which was called here : "Sheriff, fais-moi peur"...("C'mon Sherif...Try to frighten me if you can!"....litterally translated).

aheeem...Well,...I said to myslef : why not post on this forum (before posting on real hard technical topics...Lol...).

I know some of you already saw this picture a some time ago, but it came in France one month ago. I don't go to the movie theater on a periodical basis (well,...no...once or twice a year!... ), but here is a film I really liked : The Terminal (with Tom hanks and Katerine Zeta Jones (why didn't she mary me? Why did she mary Michael Douglas?)...Why ?!
It's fun, and is ispirred by a true story that actually happened to one man in a French airport.
What's interesting in this movie, is to see the capacity and the true open minded one human being can have in front of some hard realities and differences.

Well,...if you ever have the time,...just take a good look at this very well done site : http://www.theterminal-themovie.com (and don't miss the trailer of course).

Have fun,

François
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

11-04-2004, 12:24 AM
Free Member

Hi François,

Have you ever seen this
http://www.405themovie.com/Home.asp
You WILL like it

-kwag
11-04-2004, 01:00 AM
Free Member

Hi all,

I saw both movies (405 a year ago, I think), and I very liked both. I don't knew that the terminal was based on a true history ! (and in a french airport!?)

What impact me, is the way flight attendant and airport officials behave! (it's like a condensed american world!)

Salu2
Fabrice
11-04-2004, 04:09 AM
Free Member

Hi Karl,

I never saw that 405 movie before I thought it was quite funny and I think it had pretty good effects the way they landed the plane on the freeway then on that poor man's car.

I never knew that The Terminal was based on a true story either I think I will watch this movie it looks good and funny also I like Tom Hanks he is a brilliant actor.

Michael.
11-04-2004, 04:13 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabrice
I don't knew that the terminal was based on a true history ! (and in a french airport!?)
Roissy Charles de Gaule - an iranian stay 4 years in the airport after the power changes in the country (couldn't return to Iran and didn't have visa for France). "Envoyé spécial" did a interview of the guy, Spielberg saw it during a travel in France for Deauville festival. Then he bought 300.000$ the story to the guy.

4 years <-> 300.000$ ... I'm volonteer
11-04-2004, 09:10 AM
Free Member

Hi,

Thanks Karl...I didn't know about this movie (talking about the 405); It looks great.
When I first checked out the site, I said to myself : hey,...another Freeway in Los Angeles...LOL (just like if I had never driven along the 405... ).

You know the name of the 101 (for California-101) was inspired by the famous Ventura Highway which I like a lot...A very different Highway from the others (mostly for the landscape it goes through).

That's real cool for me and yes, I like those films with airplanes.

Yes,...the story about our "prisonner" in the airport took place in Paris, at the Charles De Gaules's airport. I'm not sure it lasted 4 years though (i though it was even longer).

Anyway...unlike Dialhot,...I wouldn't spend such a time in such conditions for better days to come ($$$)...Knowing that (to me) $300.000 wouldn't be enough for staying alive like this...argggg

And,...btw : I HAD to stay at the NYC airport for 6 days with only just one buck (in 1987). That wasn't what I could have mentionned as one of my best experience within the U.S.A....That's for sure). LOL

François
11-04-2004, 10:54 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by california101radio
And,...btw : I HAD to stay at the NYC airport for 6 days with only just one buck (in 1987). That wasn't what I could have mentionned as one of my best experience within the U.S.A....That's for sure). LOL
And noone accepted to show you the exit way for a single buck ? Jiizzz... americans are hard in business !
11-04-2004, 12:09 PM
Free Member

I love that one...That's fun...

François