Quantcast KDVD Calculator Help - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
08-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Free Member

I recently bought a Dvd Burner so I became curious about KDVDs. As I was searching around the forum, I found a prog called KDVD Calculator. I loaded up the three avi files I had and set the audio bitrate to 128 kbps. The calculated size of the files is below. Is that the sample size of all three files or just one of them?

My other question is how do I make a sample with CCE 2.7 Trial. I was searching around and found a thread about Xvid Tv episodes in which Dialhot mentioned how to combine files in an avisynth script.

Code:
a=Avisource("ep1.avi")
b=Avisource("ep2.avi")
c=Avisource("ep3.avi")
d=....

a+b+c+d+....

Sampler(length=15)
I don't fully understand the script above. The part where it says
Code:
a+b+c+d+....
is where I am stumped and why is the number 15 there for the length? Is this in the Avisynth Manual? I haven't checked so please give me the link if it is!

All help is appreciated
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

08-24-2006, 03:35 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvcdman
Is that the sample size of all three files or just one of them?
The the three of them. You can reach the same result with only oner movie that wiil be 124+130+134 minutes length. Let try.

Quote:
My other question is how do I make a sample with CCE 2.7 Trial. I was searching around and found a thread about Xvid Tv episodes in which Dialhot mentioned how to combine files in an avisynth script.
We do not discuss about avi. You have enought informations in the existant threads.
Seeing the name of the files and the length you seems to encode Star Wars late trilogy. Starting from avi the result will be awfull due to the nature of the movies. You are warned...

Quote:
Is this in the Avisynth Manual? I haven't checked so please give me the link if it is!
Sampler is not in the avisynth manual but the explanation on how to use it with KDVDCalc are in the Vmesquita's guide that I uploaded on my personnal web space :
http://perso.orange.fr/dialhot/guideENpack200.rar
The usage of "+" is in avisynth manual and you will find it on your disc, in the directory where you installed avisynth (there is a "doc" directory).

Thread closed anyway.
Closed Thread