Quantcast KVCD: Subtitles Out of Sync? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
03-07-2003, 05:11 PM
Free Member

Send a message via AIM to Wolfi Send a message via MSN to Wolfi Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfi
When I play my subtitle with the source witch is avi. it plays correctly,the sub is in sync.. But when I played the movie with subtitle as an avs. file it was out of sync I've tried everything with no succsess Is it anyway to fix this problem in an easy way Or just I good guide I can follow

//Wolfi
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

03-07-2003, 07:28 PM
Free Member

did you try frameserving with virtualdub?
03-08-2003, 09:46 AM
Free Member

have you actually tried encoding the AVS file? When I play AVS files with WMP I often get lots of sync problems, skipping, etc. But the encoded file is usually fine. Try encoding a sample to check it's OK.
03-08-2003, 10:10 AM
Free Member

Send a message via MSN to CheronAph
Have you checked that the video and the subs are with same frame rate?
03-08-2003, 10:24 AM
Free Member

Send a message via AIM to Wolfi Send a message via MSN to Wolfi Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfi
Yes I've tried to encode one of the avs. scripts, and yes the result was waaay out of sync (the sub), and yes the video and the sub are in the same frame rate

But I havent tried to frameserve with virtualdub. Is there any good "frame serving" guide out there? cause I havent frame served in my life

Thanks for anwering

//Wolfi
03-08-2003, 10:53 AM
Free Member

first before you run virtualdub make sure you run auxsetup and install the frameserver...

The way I use virtualdub is to load the avi and add the filters including the resize. It comes with a few filters but you will probably want to download some that are for virtualdub, similar to what you use in avisynth and copy them into the plugins folder and one of those being texsub.vdf that comes with vobsub for your subtitles. It's pretty easy since there is no scripting involved. Once you have your movie the way you want it then you click on start frame server from the file menu. Then open the file that it created with tmpgenc to start encoding...

That's basically it...
03-08-2003, 11:00 AM
Free Member

Well, can i open the avs. file instead of the avi. file ? It's no problem when i play the sub with my avi. file it's when I play the avs. file the sub is out of sync. So it's the avs. file I need to frameserve

Thank you

//Wolfi
03-08-2003, 11:28 AM
Free Member

I don't use virtualdub that much, but you can also have virtualdub open an avs file without the subtitle stuff in the script and then add the subtitle with virtualdub as the only filter then frame serve ( don't resize or anything else since you already did that in your avs script )...

I would try the first option I gave you before this option...
03-08-2003, 01:40 PM
Free Member

Oke KingTuk I'll try
06-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Free Member

Send a message via ICQ to WOWIEGURL
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTuk
first before you run virtualdub make sure you run auxsetup and install the frameserver...

The way I use virtualdub is to load the avi and add the filters including the resize. It comes with a few filters but you will probably want to download some that are for virtualdub, similar to what you use in avisynth and copy them into the plugins folder and one of those being texsub.vdf that comes with vobsub for your subtitles. It's pretty easy since there is no scripting involved. Once you have your movie the way you want it then you click on start frame server from the file menu. Then open the file that it created with tmpgenc to start encoding...

That's basically it...
I can't find this textsub.vdf, I cann only find textsub.txt in the VObSub folder. Vsfilter lets me include subs in the movie when I play the avs in wmp, but when I use TextSub it doesn't like it. What can I do? I prefer to use TEXTSUB
06-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Free Member

Wowie,
It's not a question of prefering or not.
Either your subs file is text based or not!
If it is text based you used TextSub, if not you use VobSub as I already explained.
From the type of files you described me you have, I must assume they are not text based.
In such sense you need to use VobSub.
Try to maintain your questions in the same forum when related to the same subject/issue.
Cheers