digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Videography: Cameras, TVs and Players (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/home-video/)
-   -   Looking for sites to download TV show episodes (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/home-video/937-sites-download-tv.html)

stoogedog 09-25-2006 07:09 AM

Looking for sites to download TV show episodes

hi, can anyone here recommend any sites for downloading tv show ep? any info is greatly appreciated. thanks

lordsmurf 09-25-2006 07:20 AM

Not really. They all tend to look like crap and have various major flaws (audio sync, missing frames, glitches, etc).

iTunes you can pay for downloads.
There are some other legit services coming out too.

Then there are the underground torrents for downloading stuff other people made. The sad reality is that most people don't know what they're doing, and end up butchering the quality.

Are you looking for a certain episode or something? What's your goal?

stoogedog 09-25-2006 07:34 AM

hi LS, thanks for the info. i am really just looking to see what is out there. i figured quality wasn't great. mainly just wanted to see what sites might be recommended to keep down getting a virus, etc on my computer. i just didn't want to go and download from just any site i google. let me know what sites might be recommended to use. lmk. all info appreciated. thanks stoogedog

lordsmurf 09-25-2006 07:50 AM

Every now and then, I use www.mininova.org to find a torrent, and then use Azureus to download something. It's been a few months since I last did that.

markatisu 09-25-2006 08:08 AM

demonoid is another one. I use the downloads to see if I want to start recording a show or if I miss something and it wont re-air and I want to see it (like wrestling)

manthing 09-25-2006 08:45 AM

isohunt.

but i cannot say with 100% certainty that you won't encounter viruses/trojans/spyware etc.

make sure you have a decent antivirus software up & running before going to these sites. heck, you need antivirus software all the time these days!

debwalsh 09-25-2006 09:37 AM

I use:

www.uknova.com - Excellent source for UK programs, nothing retail is allowed on the site. You have to maintain a ratio to remain a member in good standing. Nice community, my favorite.

www.demonoid.com - Currently open for membership. Has a little bit of everything, and I've found some great Doctor Who stuff there.

www.piratebay.org - Again, a little bit of everything. Sometimes they have stuff before anyone else does. A more international user base, that's where I got my ISO files for the Swedish coverage of Live 8 last year. Cool stuff.

www.tvtorrents.com - Strictly television shows.

www.mininova.org - Also has stuff before anyone else does. A lot of private trackers post through them, too.

www.myspleen.org - Just recently discovered this, and I've tagged a lot of stuff I'd like to download. Can't speak to the quality yet, but some stuff I'd like to have just to watch, and some other traders have recommended this site.

As for clients, I played around with them, and found for my setup, uTorrent worked best for me. If the standard BitTorrent engine doesn't give you good speeds, try other things, like Azureus, uTorrent, etc. If there's a site you want to use regularly, check the FAQ to see what clients they don't recommend - you'll get lousy ratios with clients that don't communicate properly with the site.

stoogedog 10-03-2006 03:06 PM

hi, just wanted to know if the above listed sites are ok for downloading without getting a virus or something else on my computer. i have comcast internet with mcafee firewall etc plus the firewall that came on the computer. i had a problem with viruses before i got comcast and have gotten the problems corrected except for an audio problem. just wondered if the sites list above were safe to download from. please let me know. thanks stoogedog