digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Marketplace (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/marketplace/)
-   -   [SOLD] For sale: DataVideo TBC-1000, working, cosmetics challenged (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/marketplace/13452-sold-sale-datavideo.html)

discmeister 04-16-2023 10:02 AM

[SOLD] For sale: DataVideo TBC-1000, working, cosmetics challenged

5 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,

I've decided to sell my Datavideo TBC-1000 - a device that I boughtb a few years ago on a quiet afternoon on eBay, and which has been redundancy in my LordSmurf-sourced workflow ever since. Please read carefully to make sure you know precisely what's for sale here. Given the telephone-number prices that sometimes accompany these items, I want to be transparent about the listing so there are no nasty surprises for anyone.

A recent-pre-sale inspection of the TBC-1000 revealed some epoxy and suspected capacitor failure on the output board. I have had the board professionally cleaned and the capactors (the larger ones, which seemed to have gone) professionally replaced using brand new Panasonic caps.

The unit powers on fine, and works fine - however, only the C/D S-VHS output sockets work fully (and they *do* work fully); the other pair (A/B, on their own 'stack') output in black and white only. This will not affect the unit's performance if all you're using it for is TBC activity in a single-capture workflow. It *will* affect the unit's performance if you want to use it for multiple outputs off a single input (I've never wanted to do this, so it's never been an issue for me).

I've described the unit as 'cosmetically challenged' in the subject line of this listing and there's no denying it: it looks like it has been in a train wreck. The top of the case is badly pitted. I've also attached images of the inside of the case so you can see the (noticeably better) condition there. But please do not consider buying if you're after a AAA-condition, picture-perfect TBC-1000 that you can show off as your pride and joy in your collection; this isn't it.

What it *is* is a working-condition Datavideo TBC-1000 that should work nicely for someone going through a video capture workflow. And that's why I'm advertising it here, at what I consider a sensible percentage of market value, instead of trotting it around on eBay for $2500.

Will come with a brand new 12V/2A power supply.

Price is £1300, including insured postage in the UK (further afield would require discussion on courier/postage costs - as a rough guide, it looks like a premium of around £50 over UK rates). DigitalFAQ has been invaluable as I've worked my way through hundreds of VHS tapes over the past three or four years; as a result, I intend to make donation from the proceeds of a successful sale, to help with the rebuild of the website.

Thanks for looking. Any questions, please DM me or comment here.

Kind regards,

Discy

hajes29a 12-16-2023 04:36 AM

How about 399£ for partially working scrap metal?

discmeister 12-17-2023 04:15 AM

Hi there. How about £499 and LordSmurf gets £50 towards the new website/forum build?

hajes29a 12-17-2023 05:12 AM

They have got 35$ from me just a week ago ;-)

discmeister 12-17-2023 07:54 AM

Ha! Well, I promised LordSmurf a contribution from any sale I make here. So how about we meet in the middle and do £449? I'll still give £50 of that to the site for its update/overhaul.

Also, whereabouts are you based? I included UK insured postage in that original price, and still would, but if you're further afield then need to work out how much that would cost.

Kindest regards,

Discy

Gary34 12-18-2023 09:59 AM

It’s cool how honest this listing is. You don’t see that on eBay for sure.

discmeister 12-18-2023 10:08 AM

Nice of you to say so. I've always thought I'd sell it here, and make a donation to the site rebuild out of the proceeds. I don't need to sell it, but it would appear, in this discussion, that I have lowered the price to £449. Let's see if I find a buyer here for it in the coming weeks.

Regards,

Discy

lordsmurf 12-18-2023 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discmeister (Post 93647)
Nice of you to say so. I've always thought I'd sell it here, and make a donation to the site rebuild out of the proceeds. I don't need to sell it, but it would appear, in this discussion, that I have lowered the price to £449. Let's see if I find a buyer here for it in the coming weeks.

Regards,
Discy

Offer it to Diopter_Doctor. PM him. He's currently in need of another unit, so I'd really like to see him get it.

Even "working" DataVideo TBC-1000s are having issues now, so I'd just let him refurb it. He may even have the time/patience to cosmetically refurb it. I'd do it myself, but my stance has not changed, just not something I'm able to do at the moment.

I also appreciate the donation, that will go a long way to the forum upgrade costs. :)

discmeister 12-20-2023 10:34 AM

I have reached out to him, LS.

BmacSWA 12-28-2023 08:42 PM

I'm assuming this is gone?