Go Back    Forum > Featured > Marketplace

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-03-2011, 12:37 AM
Free Member

Need $ and space, trying to get rid of what I can.

Got the AG-1980P a few years ago on eBay. Works fine. Light use since then as I just use it for tapes that I think it might handle better than my JVC 9800 (there aren't a lot). No remote, but I do have the manual and the original box. Figured I'd try here before eBay (Where I've been buying and selling on and off since '98 w/ 100% positive feedback as cactusbix) because of fees and whatnot. I'd like to get somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 plus shipping.

The TBC is an I.DEN IVT-7. It's rack-mountable and also has a proc amp built in. Won't power on. The history is that I had it for a while, it stopped powering on, I brought it in for repair, they said it was the power switch relay, it worked a little bit, then the same thing happened again and I gave up on it. Not an expert at all but I would think it's stubborn but fixable.

Proc Amp is an Elite Video BVP-4. IIRC this is considered THE proc amp to buy or close to it. Powers on but has picture issues. Seems like an issue with the inputs/outputs as finagling with the cable over there would cause brief positive changes. Again, I would expect this to be fixable.

I also have a Pioneer DVR-220 DVD recorder that bricked after a power surge. It was plugged into a surge protector where everything else in it was fine afterwards, and since someone (orsetto maybe) mentioned that the PSUs were prone to dying with surges, that's probably what happened. I've seen them sell for parts on eBay before so...yeah.

I have no chance of fixing the broken items myself as I don't know how to repair anything aside from a PC for the most part, but I know there are people here who might be able to. Obviously, given the condition, I don't want a lot of money for those to say the least (and the TBC has some heft to it so shipping is an issue) but they take up space and if someone can fix them up, great, so just make an offer on them.

I have some other stuff I may want to get rid of soon (like a Sony consumer Betamax VCR w/ remote I need to check the model of). I may just work out a deal where a friend gets most of my tapes and converts them when he can and also sell my JVC 9800 (the black Go Video SDV-650 clone, but it's really the same VCR) as well so I can get some $ and unload my tapes. I also have a couple more vanilla VHS VCRs that I doubt anyone here would want (would have to check the model #s but one is a early aughts JVC that I got for $80 new and the other is a weird heavy duty Sony).

Email is davidbix@gmail.com

Thanks!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-04-2011, 05:56 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Sent you a PM about the VCR.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
The following users thank admin for this useful post: *Bix* (03-11-2011)
03-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Free Member

VCR sold, junky projects still available
03-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Just for some clarity...

I.DEN IVT-7 TBC -- this may be capacitors issue.

Elite Video BVP-4 -- yes, it's THE best proc amp you can get. These units can be finicky. The only way to repair them is to be good with electronics, plus maybe have a bit of a no-fear sense of adventure (not afraid to "mess it up"). Possibly look at removing and re-soldering bad input connectors?

Pioneer DVR-220 DVD recorder -- eventually, somebody will want this. It may be as easy as replacing capacitors in the power supply.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
The following users thank admin for this useful post: *Bix* (03-11-2011)