digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Marketplace (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/marketplace/)
-   -   Wanted Panasonic DMR-ES10 DVD recorder, to use for bypass (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/marketplace/3247-wanted-panasonic-dmr.html)

rodbuilder 07-01-2011 10:51 AM

Wanted Panasonic DMR-ES10 DVD recorder, to use for bypass

Hello Board....

I am needing a PANASONIC DMR-ES10 to use as a bypass due to a problem caused by some vhs I dubbed with a govideo deck (classic football games) I have spoke with a member of this board and it appears I have what is called "tearing" that is caused by using a govideo dual deck to dub.. I have 2 panasonic HR-S7600U and when using TBC the top of the display about a inch all away across goes wacky... the one possible fix is using a DMR-ES10 as a bypass will kill the TBC error.. I understand the DMR-ES10 is worthless as a recorder and what's sad is I have a DMR-EZ24 but I am told I need the DMR-ES10.. does anyone have one they would like to sell or Trade... If your a fisherman and would like to build your own fishing rod I would make a decent deal on some of my tools. www.okierodbuildingtools.com

Thank you

jbd5010 08-30-2011 11:02 AM

PM me if you're still looking. I have one I'll sell... I don't fish though :D

dyfan 08-30-2011 12:32 PM

case color?

Do you have a Panasonic DMR-ES10S or a DMR-ES10K?

jbd5010 08-30-2011 12:36 PM

I believe it's a an -S, not a -K, but I'll double check when I get home from work.

dyfan 08-30-2011 12:40 PM

"S" model number suffix means the case is finished in silver, "K" model number suffix means the case is finished in black...

jbd5010 08-30-2011 12:41 PM

Oh well then, that's easy... it's silver!

Are you terribly concerned about color?

dyfan 08-30-2011 12:51 PM

Yeah...I'd prefer one finished in black, like one that I already have. A silverface case takes too much of a beating.

jbd5010 08-30-2011 12:52 PM

Okay. Well the one I have is in very good cosmetic condition; I can take some pics and email them if you'd like. Would package it carefully to prevent damage in shipping of course.

admin 08-30-2011 02:31 PM

Most of the "silver" version is black in front anyway, because it's almost entirely LED screen space.

As far as color matching a/v components go, there's really no logic to it...

I knew a guy who's wife used to make him color match everything. She'd insist on color matching his desktop computer and color matching their entertainment center. Nevermind that she never used the desktop computer (had her own laptop) and didn't understand most of the a/v cabinet (and therefore never opened it up). I remember he used a broken keyboard for weeks one time, because she wouldn't "let him" buy a keyboard that wasn't silver. He actually replaced the whole computer, LCD, everything, just to make everything black.

dyfan 08-30-2011 02:44 PM

I knew I shouldn't have made public remarks about a face/case color preference...That I'd be subjected to the above...And for the record, my PC component colors don't match- and aren't broken.
We're now significantly off-topic...

admin 08-30-2011 02:59 PM

Hey now.... no offense intended. Smile. :D

I guess the point I'm going after is that the DMR-ES10 is mostly going to be found in silver, which is itself mostly black anyway.

If you spent time going for color alone, you may find yourself boxed into a corner -- like the husband who had to use a broken silver keyboard for weeks. Good is good. I don't much care for pink, red, yellow or orange, but I have several items that are those colors, because that's the only real choice I had. For that matter, I can't stand the color of my car, but that's not why I bought it. Had I waited for the ideal color there, I'd never have owned the excellent reliable vehicle I have now.

As far as a/v equipment goes, I've never been overly found of the tan/gold color of the JVC 9600-9900 VCRs.
And then my mixer board is charcoal with yellow trim. Somewhat ugly, but works great.