Go Back    Forum > Featured > Marketplace

LinkBack Thread Tools
12-22-2023, 10:56 AM
Free Member

I understand fully!

I don't see the problem in asking to be fair to people. I see people complaining for like 2 years now, unfortunately this is the new normal. The bare minimum you could have done was MAKE US AWARE prior to taking our money that we could be waiting for months. That would change everything. You tell us all its going to get shipped out right away then disappear. Can you not understand what that's like?

We don't all know your personal history. The equipment is not cheap. You don't reply to private messages but post publicly, so people ask publicly to try and get your attention. I know you get lots of messages but at least address people you've accepted thousands from? You don't have to abandon your family. Nobody is asking for that. All anyone is asking for is a little transparency at time of sale.

This site has been a valuable resource for me and I much appreciate the work you put out here. I don't think keeping people in the loop is some major expectation. "Well at least you get your equipment eventually." is not the expectation people have when you talk to them in private giving them false timelines.

"Thank you for your purchase, I will do my best to get this to you as soon as I can but I have been dealing with some health issues. It may take a few months, sooner if possible but it will go out."

vs

"I'll have this shipped out to you this week" then weeks and months go by with no contact...

Do you see the difference? Do you see how one sentence at time of sale solves this reoccurring situation and keeps both parties happy at no cost at all to anyone? No anxiety on your end feeling bad about not being able to get equipment out. No anxiety on the buyers end wondering if they've been had. Everyone will understand and will wait for your equipment. Very happy with my purchase!

Last edited by DeePeeGee; 12-22-2023 at 11:33 AM.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-22-2023, 12:05 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeePeeGee View Post
The bare minimum you could have done was MAKE US AWARE prior
Prior to an unplanned event?

Quote:
You don't reply to private messages but post publicly
Incorrect. I always reply, it's just not as instant as some demand. It's often a choice of
(a) actually doing work, or
(b) talking about what I'm going to be doing, when, why, etc.
I don't have the time to do both.
That still doesn't stop some from insisting they get daily/weekly "communication" (overcommunication) or "updates" (frequent worthless interactions when there is literally nothing new to communicate). The stupidity of the corporate world is now seen as the acceptable norm by some. No patience in this world anymore.

Quote:
"Thank you for your purchase, I will do my best to get this to you as soon as I can but I have been dealing with some health issues. It may take a few months, sooner if possible but it will go out."
vs
"I'll have this shipped out to you this week" then weeks
- This is the result of "false starts". Things start to look up, all clear, then ... not.
- People that want to bitch/moan/gripe will do so no matter what they're told, because that tiny % of the population is incapable of being pleased. It's why we now have the term "Karen".

Quote:
and months go by with no contact...
It's never months. Sometimes I reply, then the person doesn't. We finally reconnect again, and now the entire time of no contact is my fault? No. Too many folks never check their spam filters, and freemail filters are ridiculous at false positives.

I have zero problems admitting there were issues and slowdowns in '22-23. I own them, sorry to all. Delays were for the worst of reasons, not because I was playing video games or whatever. Life got scary and sad. But we all have to move forward.

Quote:
Do you see how one sentence at time of sale
Again, prior to knowing what was about to happen?

Quote:
No anxiety on the buyers end wondering if they've been had. Everyone will understand and will wait for your equipment.
Honestly, that's on them. I had enough of my own at the time. My anxiety was literally life and death, and I have more gray hairs from it all.

Quote:
Very happy with my purchase!
And that's what matters.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
12-28-2023, 08:11 PM
Premium Member

I'm also looking for a TBC to clean up VHS to PC captures. Am I assuming correctly that the list on page on his the only, and current list of available products? If not I'd love to hear what may available now that may meet my needs.
12-28-2023, 11:46 PM
Site Staff | Video

Correct, what is listed is what's available.

However, you can always PM, let me know more about your project, and we can discuss what your needs are. Sometimes I do have items not (yet) listed, and those may (or may not) be a good fit for you..

12-29-2023, 07:12 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmacSWA View Post
I'm also looking for a TBC to clean up VHS to PC captures. Am I assuming correctly that the list on page on his the only, and current list of available products? If not I'd love to hear what may available now that may meet my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
Correct, what is listed is what's available.

However, you can always PM, let me know more about your project, and we can discuss what your needs are. Sometimes I do have items not (yet) listed, and those may (or may not) be a good fit for you..
I went this route since I was fortunate to not be in a rush. Highly recommend this to others who don't need the gear immediately. We discussed what workflow I wanted to optimize for, and he was able to procure essentially the best possible option I could have hoped for. It took a few months total. Remember: You get what you pay for. Paying for an expert's advice, direction, suggestions, etc, plus getting known-good hardware is the way to go.

recommended vcr+line tbc ---(y/c)--> lordsmurf frame tbc ---(sdi+y/c)--> capture in windows 7
The following users thank mrmuy97 for this useful post: lordsmurf (12-29-2023)
02-21-2024, 10:02 AM
Free Member

Does my DataVideo need a step down transformer to run here in the UK?
02-21-2024, 10:10 AM
Site Staff | Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolledJoel View Post
Does my DataVideo need a step down transformer to run here in the UK?
No, it does not. No step adapters needed or wanted. Those add noise.

However, you will require a standard 220-240V compatible AC adapter with the proper plug shape. Since this came from me, what you have is a new branded (non-generic) adapter, 100-240V, and came with a europlug shape adapter.

The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: RolledJoel (02-21-2024)