Go Back    Forum > Featured > Marketplace

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-16-2022, 04:42 PM
Free Member

Lordsmurf - I'm very sorry for your loss, and I hope you are doing well otherwise.
The following users thank lateralus for this useful post: lordsmurf (05-12-2023)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-25-2022, 07:05 PM
Free Member

I understand, I lost a coworker suddenly last month. Tomorrow isn't promised, and sometimes you need to take time to grieve or grapple with whatever life throws at you.
The following users thank karlswagan for this useful post: lordsmurf (05-12-2023)
08-26-2022, 04:50 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
I just wanted to update this post...

Theogen, karlswagan, amvoith, lateralus: Thanks, loss can be hard to deal with, and time is always needed to process. Not just emotionally, but the many tasks you now have to face.

To others reading, all backlogs have been dealt with.

And at the moment, only a handful of TBCs are left. (The world of TBCs is currently an arid desert.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlswagan View Post
Lordsmurf, I sent an email with my new address information which you replied to, but I haven't heard from you
I'll email you back tomorrow.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
09-22-2022, 07:01 PM
Free Member

I'm looking around for an NTSC TBC. When you get info on those NTSC DataVideo models, could you please PM me, lordsmurf?
09-29-2022, 11:33 AM
Free Member

Lordsmurf, any updates on the TBC I purchased?
11-14-2022, 12:30 PM
Free Member

Just checking in to see if you have an estimate when the rest of your shipments might get done or where I am on the waiting list. Thanks.
12-19-2022, 05:57 AM
Site Staff | Video

@Chupperson, TBC sent, enjoy!
@pkntl, PM me.

After a long dry spell, several months, I have several TBCs again. Due to health, TBC refurbs took longer than normal, in the back half of this year. But all are finished now, units ready to go. Anybody owed a TBC has gotten theirs, or is getting soon.

And I have a few left!

Remember, this isn't some random eBay crap in random condition, that won't work correctly, as sold by some random person (often some recycler) that doesn't know a TBC from a toaster. Refurb'ing and even rebuilding takes time and skill. My goal has always been to grant these devices a second wind, to last another decade or more. And so far, to my knowledge, since 2016, it's been happening. And I'm quite proud of that.

01-05-2023, 01:17 AM
Site Staff | Video

All NTSC+PAL TBCs are now on sale for a limited time. Need to move a few units.

01-09-2023, 01:32 PM
Free Member

I am interested in a PAL TBC.
01-11-2023, 10:34 PM
Free Member

I'm looking for a TBC that can handle circuit bends in a live video performance scenario. Would the blue DataVideo produce desirable results (No drops, smooth interpolation)? Currently using a Videotronics MX1 and looking for something smaller.
02-12-2023, 03:40 PM
Site Staff | Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4c0c4t View Post
I'm looking for a TBC that can handle circuit bends in a live video performance scenario. Would the blue DataVideo produce desirable results (No drops, smooth interpolation)? Currently using a Videotronics MX1 and looking for something smaller.
If you're patient, I'll have something for this, PM me to be put on wait list.

The blue is somewhat more hit-or-miss, hence only a TBC(ish), not 100% reliable TBC, and priced as such, but still way better than the MX-1.

02-14-2023, 02:58 PM
Premium Member

Hi, I am looking to purchase a premium workflow set up to transfer VHS tapes. I have a Mac studio and edit with Davinci resolve. I could use some guidance.
05-12-2023, 03:36 PM
Premium Member

Hey what does clone mean? Does that mean its not an original? Knock off?
Sorry im a bit new to this.
05-12-2023, 04:25 PM
Site Staff | Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by tocayodj View Post
Hey what does clone mean? Does that mean its not an original? Knock off?
Sorry im a bit new to this.
No, a clone is not a knockoff, or a fake, or anything of the sort.

The AVT-8710 is actually a badged Cypress unit. Not "rebadged", as it was designed for badging (white labeling) to other brands. But other Cypress units exist, using the same or similar chips/boards. (But there's also many Cypress units that are different, and not at all desired, so beware!)

Since the AVT-8710 is well known (along with the TBC-1000), and the green vs. black issues are documented, it's vastly easier to refer to these similar units as "clones" (green clones, black clones). Because it's too much info for newbies to digest, and often an info overload to even more seasoned users.

07-18-2023, 02:36 PM
Free Member

Please add my name to the waiting list for a good TBC. By the way, does anyone here have a unit which he or she might rent to me for a month or two? Thanks for your help.
09-25-2023, 05:30 PM
Site Staff | Video

Listing updated.
Have a few nice items again.
All gear backlogs clear, or soon to be clear. (PM/email if you need an update.)

09-29-2023, 12:06 AM
Premium Member

Lordsmurf,
I also would really appreciate an update please?

-- merged --

Hi all, I just wanted to publicly thank lordsmurf for my recent purchases and to reassure other buyers here that you are in very safe hands here with this gentleman. I bought a Cypress GL TBC and a Pinnacle 710 USB capture card which as you all know, do not come cheap. Lordsmurf's packing was excellent, double boxed, bubble wrapped and sent with expedited UPS which made for a quick and safe delivery. Both units are in superb condition and work perfectly, infact I digitised my first VHS tape within hours of receipt. It was a REAL pleasure doing business with you Sir! I love your work!
The following users thank kimblerulez for this useful post: lordsmurf (12-13-2023)
12-19-2023, 05:06 PM
Premium Member

Lordsmurf,
I want to be part of the majority that received their product. lease give me an update to what is going on.
Thanks

-- merged --

Lordsmurf,
Still waiting for an update...
12-19-2023, 09:42 PM
Free Member

Lol hey guys, I was in the exact same spot as you last year. Be prepared to wait an ungodly amount of time but you'll get it eventually when Jupiter is aligned with Saturn, the weather report is favorable, the right UPS worker is working etc... Nice equipment when it arrives. Just wish he was more open about how long it takes to send things out in case someone is on any kind of deadline. Don't worry though. This is just how he operates.

No, I'm not putting up with this post. To "lol" here is despicable. 2022 was an awful year, and family members died. All of us here are still going through the stages of grief, mostly now reflecting, accepting. But to make matters worse, 2023 had some scary moments where we could have lost more. I don't know about some of you, but when family needs me, that's where I am.

It's not like you can schedule in advance when somebody will have a medical emergency, or pass away.

You already knew this, so I fail to see why you chose to post this. All this has accomplished is to piss me off.

98%+ of people at this site have been very understanding, as many have experienced these same things themselvse in recent years. I actually found comfort from them telling me their stories. I now consider at least one of them a friend. And noting that not everybody who got my gear was affected, many shipped out quite quickly.

It's only been a few people that bitched/moaned in public (all of whom had cheap items/projects, under $200 worth), even after being made aware of the situation. Quite frankly, they can fuck the hell right off. Someday they'll be in that situation themselves, nobody can avoid it. You will have loss, you will have scary times of near loss. I believe in karma, so whatever you dish out now, you will get back in multiples later. Better pick wisely.

-LS

Quote:
Nice equipment when it arrives.
Don't worry though.
^ This is what matters.
12-20-2023, 06:12 AM
Site Staff | Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipschorn View Post
Lordsmurf,
I want to be part of the majority that received their product. lease give me an update to what is going on.
Thanks
-- merged --
Lordsmurf,
Still waiting for an update...
I don't like to comment on individual transactions publicly, but apparently a peanut gallery likes to scan these posts, looking for any chink in my armor, for any whiff of a complaint. So...

There was a problem with your payment, and I was waiting forever on the fintech to get back with me. I'll be contacting you via email. This will be easy to sort, and get it shipped right out.

Thanks.