digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Marketplace (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/marketplace/)
-   -   For Sale: Panasonic AG-1980P SVHS VCR (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/marketplace/9809-sale-panasonic-ag.html)

kgatti 06-26-2019 02:51 AM

For Sale: Panasonic AG-1980P SVHS VCR

4 Attachment(s)
I have 4 of these units available.

#1 is fully functional and includes the remote. Has some scratches on the front. Asking $250
#2, #3 and #4 all power on but immediately ejects the tape. Asking $150 each

I get about 5 or so units a year as I deal with companies that upgraded their equipment and sometimes years later run out of storage space.

I accept paypal. Shipping is extra. My zip is 93704 and the shipping weight and dimensions will be 17 lbs 22x18x8.

Feel free to ask any questions. Will provide more pics upon request. Thanks.

lordsmurf 07-02-2019 05:19 PM

Even "fully functional" units are usually in major need of refurb these days, most readily seen with a dim display or brightening/darkening of image when TBC is turned on/off. So a warning for potential buyers. Those 90s capacitors are heavily failing in the 2010s, a re-cap job is needed.

That said, all of these are probably great AG-1980 fodder for sending to TGrant, getting him to refurb for about $400. And getting a nice AG-1980P back for under $700 isn't bad at all. These were $2k decks, $1k at the EOL fire sales from NYC photo/video places to B&H back 15+ years ago.

... if anybody wanted my input on this, which inevitably somebody will. ;)

Your post has been approved. Please note that it may have been edited to comply with rules for posting in the marketplace. We hope you're able to sell your video/photos/computer item, or locate your want — all for free, and better than you could on eBay or Craigslist. Thanks!

traal 07-15-2019 12:32 PM

PM'd kgatti on Thu 7/11 with questions regarding one of the $150 units. I like lordsmurf's idea.

lordsmurf 07-15-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traal (Post 62539)
PM'd kgatti on Thu 7/11 with questions regarding one of the $150 units. I like lordsmurf's idea.

See if TGrant will let you ship it directly there. Save shipping costs.
We used to ship stuff directly to Jots, no need for us to handle it until the refurb was completed.

traal 07-16-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordsmurf (Post 62540)
See if TGrant will let you ship it directly there. Save shipping costs.

I'll try that once I hear back from kgatti and when the TGrant coupon is active again.

nesburf 07-26-2019 09:33 AM

I may be interested in one of the $150 units as well and getting it shipped to TGrant for refurb as well. My only issue is that I am in Canada and it looks like TGrant doesn't deal with Canadians at all. Anyone have any experience with this or maybe know of a refurb place in Canada that deals with these Panasonic VCRs?

lordsmurf 07-26-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesburf (Post 62793)
I may be interested in one of the $150 units as well and getting it shipped to TGrant for refurb as well. My only issue is that I am in Canada and it looks like TGrant doesn't deal with Canadians at all. Anyone have any experience with this or maybe know of a refurb place in Canada that deals with these Panasonic VCRs?

It wil incur extra shipping, but you'll need an intermediary reshipper.

There are crossborder services available, where he'd ship to a U.S. location, the services transports over the border, then ships it from the Canada side.

Or I'll do it for you, send it here, I'll re-send it there. PM me about this. I've been a shipping proxy for others for many years, try to help them get good video gear. (Some folks here act as my shipping proxy from UK and Germany, places sometimes difficult to buy from.)

bluelight 07-31-2019 07:21 PM

Interested in one of the AG 1980

Hello,

I am from Canada and I am interested in getting one of AG 1980.

Would you ship to Canada?

Thanks,

Ed