Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

from email -- please remember to ask all tech questions in the forum, thanks!

Quote:
You do a great job with your DVD blank media quality review. Using DVD media inspector I find my TDK disks have the following code: Matshita DVD-R UJ 85J Media. I don't find the Matshita name in your list of manufacturers. I have used TDK disks a great deal without problems. Disks I burn from this lot play back on the machine they were burned on, but not in other machines. Are these low quality fake TDKs or do I have a bad batch, or what? Thank you for your help. RM
Thanks much!

You've mistakenly looked at the model of the DVD burner, and not the media ID or the disc. Matshita DVD-R UJ 85J is your DVD burner, not a media.

All 16x TDK discs are either CMC or Ritek media, second class for sure. The RITEKF1 DVD-R are pretty decent, although I would not recommend them for archival copies or for "my only version" of certain discs. Only use these for something that is easily re-burned and replaceable.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors