digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Blank Media (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/media/)
-   -   Blu Ray BD-R Disk won’t Play (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/media/287-blu-ray-bd.html)

Kent 10-13-2007 05:39 PM

Blu Ray BD-R Disk won’t Play

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my first Blu ray project. Need some advice.

I'm using Adobe Priemere Pro CS3 and exporting to Encore CS3 to burn directly without menus'. I exported as high quality 1080i 29.97 with mpeg2. I'm buring the Sony BD-R on a Sony BWU100A with Encore. My player is a brand new BDP S300(bought it today). Inside the manual it says the player will not play BD-r and DVD-r. My DVD-r's I've authored play fine. I captured the video from a high def Sony HDR-HC8 via firewire into Premiere pro CS3

Thanks,

Kent :)

Kent 10-13-2007 11:42 PM

Been browsing the other forums. Seems like good ole Sony does not support BD-re and a firmware update must be developed. May not even happen. I will return the BDP S300 tomorrow and pick up a Samsung that supports BD-re. It's a shame the videographers are not supported in order to curb piracy.

If I'm mistaken someone please chime in with a post

Kent

Kent 10-15-2007 10:24 PM

Spoke with Sony Support today. They are sending a firmware update that will allow my player to play BD-R disks. I will send another post if it works. Should be 7-10 days
Kent

admin 10-16-2007 12:05 AM

You found the answer before I could even respond. The technology is still very much unstable, so there is a good chance homemade discs won't play well in players. Heck, even commercially produced Blu-Ray discs are having troubles playing in players.

This says it all:
"It's a shame the videographers are not supported in order to curb piracy."

JonathanEntertainment 03-09-2009 09:38 AM

I was thinking about investing a BlueRay Burner now I know to hold off little longer!

admin 03-09-2009 11:28 PM

Since this post was originally made, there have been some minor improvements in consumer/prosumer Blu-Ray Disc creation. Most of those are simply in the ease of authoring discs, through software such as TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4, or Sony Vegas Video 8 with the optional DVD Architect 5.

However, the playability of BD-RE in Blu-Ray decks is still hit-of-miss, according to various (angry!) user reports out there.

I still firmly believe Blu-Ray is the answer to a question nobody ever asked. It's on par with S-VHS or Laserdisc, destined to niche status favored by a relatively small amount of self-proclaimed die-hard enthusiasts. Solid-state and on-demand media is the future, powered by downloads, hard drives and thumb drives. Discs have fallen out of favor, due to scratches, skipping lasers, and things of that nature.

I still watch the Blu-Ray status regularly, and have yet to see prices or functionality exceed the abilities of DVD, or answer the questions consumers are really asking. Price alone has been a primary killer, in an economy that now (rightfully) villifies high-dollar wasteful luxury expenses.

Higher definition may be its primary advantage, but in a world fascinated by Youtube and iPods, such detailed-oriented imagery is clearly not a priority of the masses.