Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-10-2016, 03:00 PM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpalomaki View Post
With a black case the heat that is an issue is direct sunshine (or from some other significant bright/hot radiant source) hitting it. And the case will feel hot, like teh inside of a car in the sun. Not likely an issue if in a shaded corner of a room. There it will be at about the room temperature.

The light entering the slits you point to may be insignificant, especially if not in direct sun, and if the case has a cover insert that blocks the openings, or it is next to another case that blocks the openings.

Don't over think the question! You are trying to polish a piece of excrement, and in the end you will still have a piece of excrement.

Note: if the cases smell of solvent, that quite likely is not a good sign for optimal life.
1 spot where I keep the black dvd cases comes indirect sunlight (not direct sunlight) this light is bad and will heat up the case of DVD and light enters through the openings in the center of the case black dvd?

2 has a problem with the disc if I print a cover dvd on paper and put in the black dvd box?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-13-2016, 07:12 AM

1 spot where I keep the black dvd cases comes indirect sunlight (not direct sunlight) this light is bad and will heat up the case of DVD and light enters through the openings in the center of the case black dvd?

2 has a problem with the disc if I print a cover dvd on paper and put in the black dvd box?
10-27-2016, 06:46 AM

the light enters for the slits of case black in the image damage long-term preservation of dvd disc?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Amaray-9-x-Original-Black-Single-DVD-Case-_57.jpg (75.8 KB, 4 downloads)
10-27-2016, 02:45 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,308 Times in 982 Posts
It has always been recommended to store optical discs in closed containers, such as boxes, closets, cabinet drawers, or other lightproof areas. No one recommends storing optical discs in daylight regardless of the type of case. Where do you live that you have no enclosed lightproof areas, in the open air on bare ground in the White Desert at Lençóis Maranhenses Park? Surely you have some boxes, drawers, closets, or closed cabinets.
The following users thank sanlyn for this useful post: gamemaniaco (11-05-2016)
11-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Free Member

Which would be worse, storing a disc in a black DVD keep case (guessing polypropylene) protected from the light but outgassing, or a full-size, translucent jewel case with no protection from light but little outgassing due to its polystyrene composition? In other words, light versus chemical degradation. Assuming with or without a opaque case.

If storing in opaque keep cases inside a clear storage bin (which I already own) is still inadequate then I see no use for them. Currently I store discs in full-size jewel cases or double jewel cases, the latter completely translucent. They are stored in opaque DVD trunks, however.

Also, are anti-pollutant inserts really necessary? What if they start to degrade before the disc case does?
Archivalware Jewel Case Inserts W/Corrosion Intercept Technology
The following users thank Winsordawson for this useful post: gamemaniaco (11-05-2016)
11-05-2016, 07:48 PM

I put my dvds in black dvd cases amaray (not slim), I correct option?

Tags
questions