digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/news/)
-   -   Who took videos, photos of the eclipse? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/news/14276-videos-photos-eclipse.html)

lordsmurf 04-08-2024 07:03 PM

Who took videos, photos of the eclipse?

2 Attachment(s)
I did. :)

But it wasn't easy! Clouds in the way, cameras not cooperating, one-handing everything, arm/wrist burned like fire.

Attachment 17749

ThumperStrauss 04-08-2024 09:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
After the eclipse, I did a Google image search to try to find one that looked the way I saw it. Small. Ring. Bright. I couldn't find one. Every photo was zoomed in and cropped. Sky was too black. Ring was too orange. That's not right. That's not the way it was. Then I looked at my 4K video from my iPhone. The video was almost exactly the way I saw it, except that there wasn't any brightness around the sun. Just the bright white incredible ring.

aramkolt 04-08-2024 09:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was around Findlay, OH just with a modern iPhone and 3x lens. I'd say the most interesting part was how quickly it went from what seemed to be slightly overcast to totally dark. The video is not sped up at all. It's like the moon stopped moving altogether in reference to the sun during totality and then left as quickly as it started. In person, it was much darker than the video shows, but you get the idea :-) I could see the orange south pole flare (if that's even the technical name) like you have in your image with the naked eye which was pretty cool too!

Attachment 17751

Gary34 04-09-2024 12:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It didn’t get as dark as I was expecting. It got pretty dim though. It was neat. That’s the most traffic I’ve ever seen in this town.

BW37 04-10-2024 10:30 PM

6 Attachment(s)
From near Cisne, IL

I had to “cram” the needed year’s worth of learning and practice into a day or two when a friend twisted my arm at the last minute to travel far enough to really see it. Well worth the trouble just to witness it. I got a few pics worth it for my memories and even sharing I hope :smack:

BW

lordsmurf 04-11-2024 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BW37 (Post 96125)
From near Cisne, IL
I had to “cram” the needed year’s worth of learning and practice into a day or two

Very nice! :D

D5C3329 is almost exactly what I saw too! :ohmy:

Yeah, same here. I had to crash course learn my Atomos in 1 day -- which I'd actually bought 2 years ago, but never removed from the box (as my muse passed, and with it my desire). I focused on video shooting on eclipse day, because strangely video shooting (on a tripod) takes less work, which is good when you're temporarily one-handed.

I only wish I could have gotten better photos for the 2 minutes of totality. My camera ISO refused to leave auto (and was too high), and my shutter was stuck at 1/400. No time to figure it out, just shoot and hope for the best. Still haven't looked at it. I think the 1.4x TC has an error.

Thanks for sharing that.

Thanks to everybody who replied here. :)