Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-19-2020, 09:05 AM
Free Member

Hi guys, I've been following this forum for a while, since I recently purchased an used AG-1980, which works kind of fine but takes a while to power-up (2-5 min to fully work) and presents kinda dark picture (compared to my consumer VCR). I can upload samples for you, if you wish.

In my country, we don't have anyone like TGrant and most caps available to technicians are cheap low quality Chinese, so I will have to recap the unit myself.

I updated Lord Smurf's caps list (from another topic, which I can't reply to, according to the rules) with caps that were close to the original ones (when I couldn't find them or the specs) and upgraded the SMDs to organic polymer when I could. The idea is to build a reference to modern caps (the Mouser list which was in this topic isn't available anymore).

The only cap I didn't manage to find a replacement was the 56uf bi-polar one (ECA0JKF560).

For those of you who already did the recap, the parts are correct? Do you have regards or comments on those? I'm afraid of having selected caps with wrong ESR/Ripple/Size specs.

Also, I chose not to recap the entire deck. Boards like I/O, Headphone, RF, Subservo and Syscon either are working or won't be needed.

Sorry for the potato English, Brazilian here

(A little curiosity, a working stock AG-1980 costs $120 here).

Thanks!

Attached Files
File Type: xlsx AG-1980_caps v2.xlsx (40.1 KB, 33 downloads)
The following users thank vceneviva for this useful post: lordsmurf (01-22-2020)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-22-2020, 11:26 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vceneviva View Post
(from another topic, which I can't reply to, according to the rules)
Continuing the same topic with updates is fine. What we don't want is tangent conversations. So please, bump/update that post. Or let me know where it is, so I can combine this thread with that one.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
01-24-2020, 06:27 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
Continuing the same topic with updates is fine. What we don't want is tangent conversations. So please, bump/update that post. Or let me know where it is, so I can combine this thread with that one.
Oh sorry for the rookie mistake

Well, the original post is this one:

http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vcr-repair/5166-panasonic-ag-1980-a-7.html

Can you combine with it please?

Thanks!!!