digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Video Hardware Repair (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vcr-repair/)
-   -   Wanted: JVC HR S5100U VCR Manual (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vcr-repair/3149-wanted-jvc-s5100u.html)

JakeBlll 05-31-2011 07:46 PM

Wanted: JVC HR S5100U VCR Manual

:( I am in need of an owners manual for a JVC HR-S5100U SVHS Operators Manual. I have been looking for some time and am out of ideas. If you can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

kpmedia 06-01-2011 12:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attached is the user manual for the JVC HR-S5400U. To be honest, I cannot imagine the 5100 being drastically different from the 5400. These are rather low-end S-VHS VCRs, developed for the consumer market, or for the "home use' of a professional of that era. Their playback and recording quality was far inferior to the latter generation S-VHS VCRs made by JVC and Panasonic.

What specifically are you having issues with, that required need for a manual? Maybe we could help with that, too? :)

JakeBlll 06-02-2011 10:27 AM

Thanks for the try

Thank you Kpmedia,

:( But the JVC HR-S5100U & JVC HR-S5400U have to many differences Even the remote is a lot different. I can't figure out to many things to mention them all. But one thing I would like to know is how the adjust the tracking.

kpmedia 06-04-2011 04:58 AM

Even in their most basic form (play, record, menus, tracking, etc), every JVC VCR shares many similarities. I would need to see clear photos of the front panels of the VCR, as well as the buttons on the original remote. There are a few possible methods that can be used to adjust tracking on JVC S-VHS VCRs. Shoot some images, upload them to this site (properly attach), and then I'll see what I can see.

JakeBlll 06-05-2011 07:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are the pics you asked for, sorry for the quality, it's the best I could do. Hope they are good enough. :(

admin 06-07-2011 09:01 AM

On that specific remote, press SP/EP once, and then use the D-pad (TV CH+, TV CH-) to adjust tracking.
That should work.

The SP/EP button, when pressed while a tape is playing, will disengage/engage the tracking system.

I don't believe that is the original remote for that exact S-VHS VCR, but it should hopefully still work for you.

If that fails, there are still a couple of other options.

Jpass992 06-09-2011 06:20 PM

I actually have owned both the JVC HR S6900U and the S7100U, which are in the same family of your 5100U. According to my 6900U manual, you must press pause on playback of tape and then press the channel buttons on the machine itself to adjust the tracking.

kpmedia 06-10-2011 05:00 AM

Interesting. On the latter models of JVC S-VHS VCRs, you can press the channel up+down buttons at the same time, and it will disengage the automatic tracking control. And then you can use channel up and channel down on the VCR to control the tracking manually. Repeat (press up+down together) to re-engage automatic tracking. Pause is never pressed on the newer models.

Do note that the SR-V10U has no channel buttons, and this is not possible. The SR-V10U manual tracking is only possible with the remote.