digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Video Hardware Repair (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vcr-repair/)
-   -   AVToolbox 8710 Defective? Screen pics of bad TBC (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vcr-repair/4017-avtoolbox-8710-defective.html)

rocko 03-17-2012 03:06 AM

AVToolbox 8710 Defective? Screen pics of bad TBC

13 Attachment(s)
Mitsubishi HSHD200U-AVTOOLBOX-AIW 9600XT

lordsmurf 03-21-2012 11:36 PM

Inconclusive. :(

It's really hard to tell from those images.
Something is wrong, but I'm not convinced it's the TBC here. At least not from those images.

rocko 03-22-2012 11:17 PM

Thank you,I will send "screen shots" in a while,And I will make the 1st one just VCR to ATI,Then AVTOOLBOX shots,and will post them here

lordsmurf 03-23-2012 12:00 AM

Post them here. :thumb:

rocko 03-31-2012 03:51 AM

AVTOOLBOX 8710 OR Naught??

3 Attachment(s)
Well.. it looks like I ran some tests, and the ATI card is working just fine, thru the Mistsu DVHS-AVTOOLBOX-AIW 9600xt ,But the video anomolies seem to be from the 2003 ATI card not keeping up with the 2011 SANYO 42" Monitor or something!!....I Ran an exhaoustive test from VCR TO AVTOOL TO TV...And from AV TOOL AND so on and ao on......So Here are the results..

Attachment 2477

Attachment 2478

Attachment 2479

You Be The Judge.....

lordsmurf 04-01-2012 05:49 AM

So you're using an HDTV as a computer monitor?
It may be that the TV is trying to process the video somehow, and failing miserably at it.

From the stills, I don't see anything wrong.

rocko 04-04-2012 12:11 AM

And Here is the Money Shot!

1 Attachment(s)
I forgot to attach this one to last post!,:o..This and the other 3 previous shots were taken using the AIW Snapshot function,..Frankly I was Stunned to see how good they look! And it showed that the AVTOOLBOX is Working Just Fine!!..And so is the AIW Card!!!But the Big TV doesn't like the VCR-AVTOOLBOX Combination!(With or without AIW/Computer)...I tested VCR-AVTOOL-TV only,and got a solid color bar from AVTOOL with VCR OFF,and those weird patterns with VCR ON!!!...So you are correct Lordsmurf about the TV!!,..WOW it sure took awhile to find all this stuff out!!!..Otherwise the Big TV has worked fine with both Computers,and soon I'll have a regular 17" computer monitor working as #2 on both,switched with a KVM. I figured using the big TV would give me a good reference from capture-to-finished product,and most people nowdays would be viewing my stuff on a Big TV anyway?. Thank You

kpmedia 04-04-2012 04:29 AM

Yeah, that looks fine to me.
It has normal flaws associated with that source, sure, but nothing external is being added as previously thought.

I think you're good to capture now. :)

rocko 04-04-2012 10:59 PM

Thanks KP! And I was wondering if the AIW MMC "SNAPSHOT" Function makes a BLACK background,(as in the Menu shot above) instead of the original BLUE background generated by the VCR? Also just to clarify,These snapshots were made in MMC Capture during Record Mode,While my Big TV monitor was showing the jumbled,flickering VCR MENU,but the snapsots taken the same moment look fine! Thats what really stunned me when I saw the snapshots! AND the video looks good on the Big TV while tape is rolling!! From now on, I'll just ignore the Jumbled Menu thing and start Capturing!!

kpmedia 04-05-2012 04:46 AM

I often wonder if the blue screen has a visible VBI (vertical blanking interval). Because sometimes I swear I see it flickering. Similar to some video game systems, the VCR menus are also not always 100% NTSC compliant output, which often leads to issues with capturing or correction. If the snapshot is black, it may be snagging actual black frames. But I would assume this is hit-or-miss, and sometimes you'd capture blue screens, too.

I turn off blue screen functions, when possible. More trouble than they're worth. ;)