digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Video Hardware Repair (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vcr-repair/)
-   -   Move complete k-mechanism from JVC HR-S6600EU to JVC HR-S7600EU? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vcr-repair/6203-move-complete-mechanism.html)

hysteriah 11-13-2014 03:07 PM

Move complete k-mechanism from JVC HR-S6600EU to JVC HR-S7600EU?

Hi.
I have this situation here that I'm having an old JVC HR-s7600EU that has been a very great unit for many years, but is now completeley worn out in it's mechanics. It's videohead drum needs to be replaced etc. and spare parts is not easy to find.

But now I've been very Lucky and picked up a JVC HR-S6600EU in really great condition. The seller told me it's only been used by he's mothers who probably only watched two Movies on it. When I look inside the VCR, it looks just like new without any sign of wear at all. The only downside is that it has not the built in TBC/NR as my old HR-S7600EU :-(

What really surprise me when I look inside the two VCR's, is that the Complete tape mechanism (k-mechanism) looks identical between these two VCR's.

So, what I wonder now is; Is it identical or does it just look like the same? Is it possible to move the Whole k-mechanism from the HR-S6600EU over to the HR-S7600EU?

I really hope somebody knows and can answer my questions.

volksjager 11-13-2014 09:25 PM

a K-Mech is a Panasonic mech.

im not overly familiar with PAL JVCs, but for NSTC that would not work.
an NTSC 7600 has a Dynamic drum - does the PAL 7600?

hysteriah 11-14-2014 03:09 AM

Okey, I thought maybe k-mech was for Panasonics only. What's the name of it on JVC's and other brands?

I don't know if the PAL 7600 has a dynamic drum. Will it look identical?

Anyway, I've disassembled my old JVC HR-S7600EU now. It was very easy. After removing the top-cover and the front of the unit, it was just to loosen 4 screws, 3 cables and 2 clips, then the whole tape mechanism came off. I'm going to try switch it with the one from my HR-S6600 later today and will come back with more on that later ;-)

hysteriah 11-14-2014 06:49 AM

Well, I have switched the whole tape mechanism between these two VCR's now. I still don't know if every single part is 100% identical... but it looks identical, it fits ...and "Holly Moses", IT WORKS!!! :)

The tape mechanism from the HR-S6600EU seems to work really fine in the HR-S7600EU. I've tested with playing a few tapes now, and both image and sound quality is really great... and the TBC/NR also seems to work fine :-)
This really feels like I have got a brand new JVC HR-S7600EU! :)

I hope this experiment can be usefull for others also, cos I guess it's really hard to find a HR-S7600EU in good condition, but it may still be possible to find a HR-S6600EU in good shape :-)