digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Capture, Record, Transfer (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/)
-   -   Avermedia Capture C027 and C727? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/12991-avermedia-capture-c027.html)

NLP.bandler 09-30-2022 08:44 AM

Avermedia Capture C027 and C727?

Hi,

I have 2 AVerMedia video capture cards C027 and C727 and I can't capture using both of them at the same time.

I mean, in the first video capture, the Aver MediaCenter 3D lets me configure the 4 ports freely.

However, when I'm going to define another capture, it no longer shows the 4 possible video card ports.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Ports that I'm referring to (both video cards):
- port 1 device 1 choose SVideo (super video)
- port 2 device 1 choose HDMI
- port 1 device 2 choose SVideo (super video)
- port 2 device 2 choose HDMI

https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/error.gif

Thank you so much in advance!

beachcomber 09-30-2022 06:12 PM

Would you mind attaching images showing your configuration / what's happening in a reply post? It looks like you unsuccessfully tried to embed an image from elsewhere and it didn't work...

NLP.bandler 10-01-2022 10:54 AM

Aver MediaCenter 3D version 1.7.9[Build:12120509
Avermedia C727 PCie HD Capture Device Driver:1.54.64.182
Avermedia C027 PCie HD Capture Device Driver:1.52.64.37

I can't find updated Aver MediaCenter 3D nor the drivers on the internet and in the forums
Thank you

jwillis84 10-01-2022 03:35 PM

I believe the original poster have two physical cards;

C027 HD PVR
C727 Dark Crystal

He installed one card and its device drivers and performed a capture using AverMedia MediaCenter 3D

Then he installed the second card and its device drivers and tried to perform a capture using the same install of AverMedia MediaCenter 3D

However the second attempt the AverMedia MediaCenter 3D video capture software did not distinguish between the two cards and their separate inputs.

He then swiveled the conversations to assuming a newer version of AverMedia MediaCenter 3D would be able to distinguish between the two cards and add the ability to configure their crossbars separately and independently.

He also updated by allegory that the AverMedia Support website was recently upgraded deleting much of the Legacy Support downloads and Knowledge base documenting the older cards.

So he was asking for;

1. How to make his first problem work
2. Where he could download a newer version of the Legacy AverMedia MediaCenter 3D software
3. Can someone explain why the problem occurred in the first place

They were consumer cards made more than ten years ago.

Consumer cards generally have software and device drivers that aren't well documented outside the company and are not designed or tested to work with additional similar cards side by side, like professional studio cards.

The C027 is likely the most problematic, since it is the lower end card.

The C727 was the higher end Dark Crystal which even had an SDK, and might work with a second C727, but was very likely to collide with the C027

As to whether it can be "made to work", probably not.

A newer version of AverMedia MediaCenter 3D is also not likely to resolve the issue, the problem is at the device driver level and how it identifies itself in the registry when the device driver is installed.

Where can you download Legacy device drivers, applications and sdk's for these cards ?

A couple years ago AverMedia was well known for being one of the last hold outs for keeping their Legacy device drivers and applications online. It looks like a change in management, or new people trying to erase history has taken charge.

Its kind of a Millennial thing, any excuse to erase the past and then copy the work and claim its original.. sorry to be cynical but the behavior is rampant right now with 20 somethings becoming 30 yr olds.

Some private collections are harboring copies, but they have to be careful sharing them as litigation to silence the past is occurring with more frequency right now. its kind of a new Dark Age.

NLP.bandler 10-02-2022 09:17 AM

Thank you jwillis84 by your excellent post.

As you said, the C727 is very likely to collide with C027.

So anyway, I'm going to need at least one of the cards to work. I will need the Drivers of at least one of these two cards. Since I can't find it anywhere.

NLP.bandler 10-02-2022 09:18 AM

Please, does anyone have the Drivers for the following video cards?

- Avermedia C727 PCie HD Capture Device Driver:1.54.64.182

- Avermedia C027 PCie HD Capture Device Driver:1.52.64.37

(Aver MediaCenter 3D version 1.7.9[Build:12120509)

This is my Setup:
- TUF GAMING X570-PLUS/BR Bios V. 2407
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700x 8 core
- Windows 10 PRO

I searched a lot on the internet and couldn't find these drivers at all.

Thank you so much!