digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Capture, Record, Transfer (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere and Blackmagic error? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/13085-adobe-premiere-blackmagic.html)

zburic 11-15-2022 12:07 PM

Adobe Premiere and Blackmagic error?

Good afternoon, I have a question for you. I have two cards Blackmagic Intensity pro 4K and Blackmagic Decklink mini recorder and when I enter adobe premiere pro 2020 and in the capture settings it finds dlackmagic capture but it does not give me an image from the SDI input but only from the intensity input, but when I uninstall the intensity card in the device manager and it restarts the computer and I enter adobe again, then it works great. So my question is how do I set it up to be able to choose one card or the other without having to uninstall intesity.

latreche34 11-15-2022 12:54 PM

Use MediaExpress, it's the right tool for the job.

dpalomaki 11-15-2022 04:57 PM

I don't know about Premiere but it may be necessary to select the correct input using the BMD Desk Top Video Setup utility (both cards should appear in it). At least that is necessary with my NLE.

Media Express works well for capture from either card (provided you are content with the available codecs), but you have to set the capture format precisely; e.g., setting 1080i59.94 will not capture a 1080i60 stream.

The Intensity Pro 4K is unsatisfactory for component analog video capture.

zburic 11-15-2022 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latreche34 (Post 87649)
Use MediaExpress, it's the right tool for the job.

Hi, MediaEkspres works great, but when I work through it, I don't have sound in the background, that is, it is not heard during the recording itself, but it is on the recorded video, while in the premiere, there is sound in the background during the recording.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpalomaki (Post 87651)
The Intensity Pro 4K is unsatisfactory for component analog video capture.

Hi, I just want to ask you why the intensity for analog recording is unsatisfactory. And what would you recommend and do you know if the Canopus ADVC-100 would work on windows 10 percent I can buy used. What do you think is better conopus ADVC-100 or Pinnacle Systems miroVIDEO DC30plus.

latreche34 11-16-2022 02:16 AM

MediaExpress does that in purpose, You don't want to use the system audio when capturing to avoid audio drift, Vdub does the same thing. It is better to monitor the audio externally, Get a headphone amp and use headphones to monitor the audio.

dpalomaki 11-16-2022 05:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I just want to ask you why the intensity for analog recording is unsatisfactory.
The Intensity Pro 4K does not provide the correct levels when capturing NTSC SD video via component (i.e., YUV) inputs. The capture is terrible and unusable. Capturing 1080i via component was also bad. This is per a test I ran using color bars. The s-video and composite captures were fairly accurate. The problem is in firmware; BMD knows but has no plans to fix it last I knew.

On the other hand, the older Intensity Pro (not 4K) was OK, but is less forgiving of out of spec signal timing.

The Intensity Pro and Pro 4K HDMI captures were fine. I've attached waveform/vector images of the IP and IP4K captures of 1080i SMPTE color bars illustrating the issue. (The IP4K component is just plain ugly.)

I cannot confirm whether or not the ADVC-100 will work with Windows 10, but I do know the ADVC-300 does (provided you have the correct drivers, and a suitable IEEE1394 card, and software). IEEE1394 (aka: firewire, iLink) support has been fading from systems and software of late. They work more reliably using external power adapters; not all IEEE1394 ports provide sufficient power for them.

Note that the ADVC-100 captures in DV format and generally looks like a Sony camcorder to the PC. DV is not a great format for use in video restoration and suffers quality loss (lossy compression) if the input video is noisy as many home videos shot in poor light are. (The noise eats bytes.)

Lately I've used the Intensity Pro (not the 4K version) and BMD's Analog-to-SDI MiniConverter with a Decklink MiniRecorder 4K for analog captures.

I have no experience with Pinnacle Systems miroVIDEO DC30plus. Looking at the online manual I see it captures to M-JPEG, is a PCI card, and was designed for Win95/98/NT with a promise of Win2K support. To use the board you will also need drivers for your OS (may not be available beyond W2K) as well as the audio breakout connectors. It was designed to work with the Adobe Premiere of its day.

zburic 11-16-2022 10:20 AM

I also have a decklink mini recorder, but it's not 4k, so I'm thinking of taking that analog to digital converter, and I have a used one, but I can't find the drivers for the Centaurus II sdi pcie card. And what do you think about the decklink micro recorder?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpalomaki (Post 87663)
Lately I've used the Intensity Pro (not the 4K version) and BMD's Analog-to-SDI MiniConverter with a Decklink MiniRecorder 4K for analog captures.

I also have a decklink mini recorder, but it's not 4k, so I'm thinking of taking that analog to digital converter, and I have a used one, but I can't find the drivers for the DVS Centaurus II sdi pcie card.Here's a link to see what it's all about, which card it is.
https://docs.vizrt.com/viz-engine-gu...ntaurus_II.htm
And what do you think about the decklink micro recorder?

lordsmurf 11-16-2022 01:57 PM

Adobe Premiere is an NLE, and the capture function has always been awful. It's an "also has" feature that doesn't work well, and probably never well. Premiere is an excellent editor, only use it for editing and export. Not ingest/capture.

What is the source?

If you insist on an SDI interface, with Blackmagic, only use MediaExpress.

Most Blackmagic cards are NOT the right tool for the task on SD/analog ingest. Use Blackmagic for HD as design. SD input is an "also has" secondary (at best) "feature" of the card. In years past, Blackmagic techs themselves admitted that it was not really designed for SD sources like VHS, and would not work well for it.

ADVC-100 is DV, and tosses out color data. For NTSC, it's awful, too much data is tossed (4:1:1). For PAL, it's passable, not too different from DVDs (4:2:0). Remember, the ADVC is using 1990s tech, and was designed for Pentium III computers (with Pentium II minimum specs). Ancient, and not great quality.

Pinnacle makes a few excellent cards, and lots of crap. The DC30 is not suggested due to reliance on lousy Studio software. No VirtualDub, or anything else. A shame, because Zoran should have been decent chips. It may also be OS locked to XP at best. If going XP, get the ATI AIW (AGP ideal).

Lack of audio preview is honestly lousy to work with, and I avoid such setups.

ADVC-300 is the worst ADVC card out there, because it messes with the image, and the "TBC" is crap that mostly gets in the way, makes signals worse, when not feed from an S-VHS deck with line TBC engaged (which negates the ADVC super-weak pathetic TBC).

Essentially, you're using the wrong tools for this task, and looking at more wrong tools.

latreche34 11-16-2022 02:11 PM

I prefer to monitor audio externally with studio headphones, It's the only way to know for sure I'm getting distortion free audio, though the VU meter levels in both the capture device and MediaExpress warn me about clipping or low levels I still prefer headphones to check for other problems that otherwise VU meters and PC speakers don't reveal, Studio monitors is another option but take up space.

zburic 11-16-2022 02:39 PM

The source pal. My video devices I have are JVC HR-DVS1 then Panasonic AG-8600, Sony DSR-1600P, Sony UVW-1600P, Sony DSR-45P, Sony EV-S1000E. I also have an Auvisio Home AV Center 2 audio selector, a DataVideo STC-100, a Sony DCR-TRV120E and a Panasonic DMR-E100H.