digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Capture, Record, Transfer (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/)
-   -   ATI All in Wonder 2006 PCIE: TV function does not work (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/4179-ati-wonder-2006-a.html)

kennyb 05-01-2012 07:17 AM

ATI All in Wonder 2006 PCIE: TV function does not work

ATI All in wonder 2006 pcie
I haven't been able to get TV to work for about 2 yrs. I've tried different drivers numerous times. but still says device not present check to see if you have the proper driver.

It used to work fine. When I checkfor drivers it will also recognize it as a Radion x1300 which I know is part of the card.

I know there are so many versions a lot of parts to versions, and order of instalation.
It was confusing enought when you could go to just ATI, but now AMD took over and most of their sofware is for Legacy items.
kennyb

lordsmurf 05-01-2012 07:18 PM

Well, let's figure out exactly what you're wanting here. Are you wanting to actually use it for viewing and recording television? Because if that's your goal, it's not going to happen. ATI AIW cards are from the pre-DTV era, and have analog TV tuners. Everything has switched to pure digital transmissions. I'm not even aware of cable operators that are still sending out analog signals, though I'm sure some small-town cable companies probably still do.

If you're wanting to use this to record videotapes, then that's different. But before I get into that long explanation, let's see if it's even necessary.

So let me know what your intentions here are. :)

kennyb 05-01-2012 09:18 PM

Its my understanding that if I used one of those digital to analog converters It would work. Also you need the TV program to open in order to change the feed selections if I remember right. Its been so long since I got it to open. I always liked the idea of watching two channels at once like football games on different channels, one on the tv next to my computer plus the computer. I also used to record shows too. But event to transfer video tapes I need the tv to open and select input.
Thanks for any help.

NJRoadfan 05-02-2012 06:42 AM

Sounds like a driver version issue. Older versions of MMC really don't like newer Catalyst driver packs. Unfortunately I don't have a PCIe card to test and see what the optimal version of Catalyst is for them for MMC use.

kennyb 05-02-2012 07:02 AM

Thats what I'm thinking. I just miss the old ATI driver pages that let you go back on versions and listed all drivers of that group.
I know it takes a lot of time to try them. They have to go in certain order, and that is after you remove every piece of ATI out of the system ie catalyst, mmc, remote, Hydrovision etc. It would probably take a solid week to try a few.
Guess I should keep playing the lottery, might have better odds. lol
thanks