digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Capture, Record, Transfer (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/)
-   -   Do anyone know if Panasonic DMR-EH69 come with TBC? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/7375-panasonic-dmr-eh69.html)

harky 05-21-2016 04:19 AM

Do anyone know if Panasonic DMR-EH69 come with TBC?

Tht the only new set which i can get over here :)

sanlyn 05-21-2016 05:14 AM

Almost all DVD recorders with analog inputs have some form of tbc circuitry inside. Very few of them can be used as pass-thru units. If you are asking whether the tbc in the EH69 is as effective as the tbc in the ES10 or ES15, the answer is no.

lordsmurf 05-21-2016 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanlyn (Post 44339)
Almost all DVD recorders with analog inputs have some form of tbc circuitry

No, not TBC. Most have some form of frame sync. And frame sync alone isn't TBC. Frame sync is simply aligning of timed data, and not correction of it. Frame sync doesn't have RAM.

Internal S-VHS VCRs have TBC, but not frame sync, which is why you can still get frame drops.

sanlyn 05-21-2016 09:56 AM

Thanks for clarifying, LS.
Yeah, we do tend to be fast and loose with the the term "tbc".

I'm not sure what level of tbc harky refers to. A DVD recorder is usually used as pass-thru for its line-level tbc correction, so maybe that's what he means. Many DVDR 's have some level of this function, but only a very small group have line-level tbc's worth considering. For example the Panasonic DMR-ES20 could be used for pass-thru, but its line tbc is anemic at best and was no competition for the ES10 or ES15. And as far as they go, if I capture an old home-made tape using a non-tbc SVHS player like the PV-S4670 with the ES10 as pass-thru it plays with much more stability than without a pass-thru. But the same tape played in my AG-1980's stronger tbc is visibly far smoother and cleaner. Still, an ES10 or ES15 is better than nothing. The ES20, for all practical purposes, was almost like no line tbc at all.

harky 05-21-2016 10:05 AM

LOL
Someone say my video is waving so i tot if it can use it as tbc to make it better?

this is the original video which i direct rec frm vcr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFQB-spBorU

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordsmurf (Post 44341)
No, not TBC. Most have some form of frame sync. And frame sync alone isn't TBC. Frame sync is simply aligning of timed data, and not correction of it. Frame sync doesn't have RAM.

Internal S-VHS VCRs have TBC, but not frame sync, which is why you can still get frame drops.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanlyn (Post 44345)
Thanks for clarifying, LS.
Yeah, we do tend to be fast and loose with the the term "tbc".

I'm not sure what level of tbc harky refers to. A DVD recorder is usually used as pass-thru for its line-level tbc correction, so maybe that's what he means. Many DVDR 's have some level of this function, but only a very small group have line-level tbc's worth considering. For example the Panasonic DMR-ES20 could be used for pass-thru, but its line tbc is anemic at best and was no competition for the ES10 or ES15. And as far as they go, if I capture an old home-made tape using a non-tbc SVHS player like the PV-S4670 with the ES10 as pass-thru it plays with much more stability than without a pass-thru. But the same tape played in my AG-1980's stronger tbc is visibly far smoother and cleaner. Still, an ES10 or ES15 is better than nothing. The ES20, for all practical purposes, was almost like no line tbc at all.

sanlyn 05-21-2016 10:14 AM

See remarks about Youtube videos in your other thread. If that DVD recorder has a line tbc, it's not helping much. The video has bad frame jitter, ragged edges, and what seems to be many dropped frames.