03-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Free Member

I got to Step 6 ... Conversion of Audio using Goldwave ... then ... I opened my AC3 File ... and nothing really happened ...it said ... Processing Audio Decompression ... then it did seem to be there...buttt ... when I selected Effect ... time warp ... didn't highlight so I couldn't continue ...one thing to mention is that ... in order to see and select my AC3 File ... I had to choose "All" files of type... any suggestions ?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-31-2009, 07:29 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Let's step through this one more time then.

Goldwave can open AC3 when an AC3 codec is on your system. It does not natively know what an AC3 is, so you are correct to go to "All file types" to find your AC3 audio.

If you've not clicked on anything else, a small pop-up box will open on top of Goldwave, and will show a slow and steady progress bar "Processing Audio Decompression" that is opening and decompressing the audio into a temp file for the editor.

In general, you don't have to select the audio, but you can if you want. Simply click anywhere on the audio timeline, then go to EDIT > SELECT ALL, and your full audio timeline is selected.

Finally, go to TIME WARP and enter in the exact time differential specified by VirtualDub, and it will also spent a great deal of time "Processing Time Warp", again in a small pop-up window.

After that is done, save as a new WAV file.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
04-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Free Member

thank u Admin.
the small pop-up box does open (Processing Audio Decompression) for about 30 seconds, but the box is empty and it disappears after 30 seconds.
clicking anywhere on the audio timeline, does not enable EDIT > SELECT ALL.
I get this info in one of the lower bars :
System PCM signed 16 bit, 48000 Hz, 1536 kbps, stereo
Goldwave claims 2 b free 2 try. maybe the $ buck $ stoped there.
04-11-2009, 02:29 PM

This is what Goldwave looks like when a valid audio file is loaded. This one is stereo, hence the two "mountain ranges" of audio -- one green, and one red.

Does yours look like this?

goldwave-audio-loaded.gif

04-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Free Member

No ... it does knot ... I contacted GoldWave ... & this is the reply :
GoldWave doesn't support AC3 files directly. You'd have to install the AC3Filter DirectShow module (search on Google). If decoding still doesn't work after installing that module, then you may need to contact the developers of the AC3Filter to see if they have a solution.
04-13-2009, 08:49 AM
Free Member

I installed the AC3Filter ... then rebooted ... then opened the audio file and now I have the same visual ... Awe$ome ...thank U so much. I'll keep U posted ...
04-22-2009, 02:46 AM

The AC3 filter slipped my mind.

Attached Files
File Type: zip AC3Filter-v151a-Setup.zip (2.33 MB, 4 downloads)

04-22-2009, 06:08 AM
Free Member

After thi$ lengthy proce$$ ... "Love i$ A Gun" ... didn't turn out ... I followed the steps as best as I could ... buttt ... the audio does knot match the video ... I think that it's too much time & effort spent ... thank U 4 U're help ...