04-02-2012, 03:59 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Hello guys. Today I wanted to share information on TBC. On Digitalfaq We often speak of the Datavideo TBC and AVT. But in my long search the web I could find more interesting patterns. But I do not want to be responsible for the purchase of these machines. I do not know whether they are full frame TBC 4:2:2. If someone owns it is nice to share information here. These notie I found a site that deals with VJ. The VJ deliberately cause distortion analog video to create effects associated with minimal music. We can say a Anti-Lordsmurf (DEVILSMURF). This news site I found them in http://karlklomp.nl
Often there are Ebay.de, Ebay.uk

This is what I found

Mixer video con build-in di TBC:
Panasonic WJ AVE-3 / WJ MX-5 / 7 10 / 12 /20 / 30 /..
Blaupunkt DVM-2000 / 5000 (MX-5 / MX-10)
Videonics MX-1
Edriol V4
Panasonic WJ AVE-3 / WJ AVE-5

Panasonic-MX-3.jpg
You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

Panasonic-MX-5.jpg
You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

The following users thank Giana for this useful post: archivarious (02-02-2021)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-02-2012, 07:20 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
I've heard of several of those before.

I'd considered Edirol and Roland equipment many times through the years, but it just wasn't impressive compared to some other hardware. There's also a lot of gear from Sony and JVC, too. And don't forget Video Toaster and some of the others. There's a lot of video mixers/processors that have varying degrees of color correction or timing/sync corrections. Or as you've so wisely pointed out, the ability to purposely make video worse!

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
04-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Premium Member

The WJ-MX30 and 50 have a frame sync built in (all inputs are digitized and they can mix non-genlocked sources). I don't know if they can do horizontal jitter correction as the last WJ-MX50 I used was connected to two Panasonic AG-DS545s and one AG-DS555 SVHS VTR in an A-B roll editing setup (with AG-A850 editing controller), all of which have built in TBCs.

The Newtek Video Toaster was notorious for not including any frame sync. A cottage market of TBCs was developed to synchronize inputs to the toaster's main clock. Some, like the Kitchen Sync included proc amp controls.
04-07-2012, 06:02 AM
Free Member

This looks like a similar thing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIP-Generato...item35a5c724bb

VJ = Visual Jockey for those not in the know. I guess they used these things for live mixing visuals at raves and i have a lot of rave and visual effects tapes (main VHS category i collect) and many have fancy effects so i imagine they used these sorts of things. Was not aware some had TBC's in them too.