Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

I don't usually post press releases, as it's not the purpose of the forum, but I thought I'd make an exception this time.

Futurehosting unveiled a service this May that I've not seen much of to date -- localized CDN replication. Or in layman's terms, a VPS host that has the ability to replicate your files to global servers, so that visitors to your site can download or view content very fast. Services like Akamai are quite costly, and so-called "cloud" offerings from Amazon fall flat to expectations, so this makes for a great option to smaller medium-sized sites trying to serve worldwide (or even continent-wide) content.

Futurehosting is a well-liked VPS host, and this makes for a unique offering on their part.

They're on our Suggested Hosts List, which is not easy to get on, since it has several layers of strict criteria. We used Futurehosting for about two years for some development projects, before moving them into production at our main hosts (EuroVPS dedicated/VPS hosting, and Stablehost shared hosting).

Visit them here: www.futurehosting.com

Quote:
Dear Future Hosting Client,

We are pleased to introduce our long awaited Cloud Delivery Network platform for client use. In recent months a large number of our clients requested a CDN service from us. As a result of this, we have implemented a powerful CDN which is available in multiple POP locations across the globe to help improve performance and load time of your websites and content. Below you will find the announcement which has been posted.

Future Hosting, an Internet solutions provider serving SMBs and enterprises internationally and developer of Future Engineer™, today announced the launch and deployment of its international Cloud Delivery Network (CDN), enabling clients to rapidly distribute content to website visitors in nearly any place in the world.

Through partnerships with upstream providers, Future Hosting’s CDN offers a physical presence in North America, Europe, Asia, South America, the Middle East, and Australia, and additional locations are planned. This unrivaled connectivity allows for low-latency, high throughput file transfers worldwide, and delivers failover protection and instant scalability.

“Our CDN opens a wide door of opportunity for our clients who need affordable, massively scalable, instant-on hosting infrastructure. Instead of paying for unused capacity, our CDN can be used as-needed, enabling our clients to capitalize on increases in Web traffic and be more efficient in the way they distribute data to website visitors. It especially translates into greater reliability and increased agility when transferring large media content,” said Future Hosting Chief Strategy Officer Stephen Kowalski.

All Future Hosting clients can add CDN-capability to their account. Clients can contact Future Hosting’s sales department to learn more about the service. Additional details are available at our website.

Future Hosting is the developer of Future Engineer™, a technical support automation system designed to automate time consuming server configuration and repair tasks on Virtual Private Servers (VPS), Future Engineer™ allows clients to receive a greater level of technical support than is available when technicians spend their time performing routine or basic maintenance tasks. With Future Engineer™, technicians are free to spend their time offering a level of technical support that is unrivaled and otherwise unaffordable.

Thank you,
Future Hosting

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors