digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Marketplace (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/marketplace/)
-   -   For Sale: Panasonic DMR-ES15 DVD recorder [SOLD] (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/marketplace/9885-sale-panasonic-dmr.html)

myfirstpost 07-24-2019 06:07 PM

For Sale: Panasonic DMR-ES15 DVD recorder [SOLD]

5 Attachment(s)
Selling a fully functional Panasonic DMR-ES15 DVD Recorder.

Small dent on top of case, but otherwise fully functional and cosmetically in good shape.

$80 USD + buyer pays shipping (Selling/shipping from BC, Canada to worldwide)

Useful for video capture pass-through as a "fake" TBC.

Also includes:
Original remote
AC cord
(Can include some generic composite/s-video/audio cables if desired)

Selling because I finally picked up a dedicated external TBC.

Please message me with any questions!

lordsmurf 07-24-2019 06:18 PM

Decent price.
To verify: from non-smoking home/office?

Somebody should get this, and one of my DVK/5000 units, to make a full TBC(ish) setup. ;)

Your post has been approved. Please note that it may have been edited to comply with rules for posting in the marketplace. We hope you're able to sell your video/photos/computer item, or locate your want — all for free, and better than you could on eBay or Craigslist. Thanks!

myfirstpost 07-24-2019 06:26 PM

As far as I can tell!

I picked it up from a modern-looking tech office and have captured like a dozen of my tapes through it. Appeared to be well taken care of previously and I've definitely baby'd it since then.

lordsmurf 07-24-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myfirstpost (Post 62737)
As far as I can tell!
I picked it up from a modern-looking tech office and have captured like a dozen of my tapes through it. Appeared to be well taken care of previously and I've definitely baby'd it since then.

Excellent. Somebody here will surely want it, just give it some time. :congrats:

hodgey 07-24-2019 06:52 PM

Also a good idea to take off the cover and make sure there aren't any bulging capacitors on the power supply, which is a common issue with Panasonic DVRs.

lordsmurf 07-24-2019 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hodgey (Post 62739)
Also a good idea to take off the cover and make sure there aren't any bulging capacitors on the power supply, which is a common issue with Panasonic DVRs.

In the past 15 years, I've handled several dozen ES10/10 units, both PAL and NTSC. To date, I've only had one NTSC ES10 go bad (caps replaced after only 3 years old, running fine for past 10), zero NTSC ES15, but several PAL ES10/15. So I think this is a PAL issue. Not the format, of course, but the PAL version of the decks. Not just bad caps, but apparently bad chips as well. Great unit while it works. Most work, in fact. Just lots of duds.

But sure, opening to blow out dust is never bad. Be careful, don't hold nozzle of compressed air to close, avoid the optical/DVD area.

myfirstpost 07-24-2019 07:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Took a look. No bulging caps that I can see.

No dust either, which was a nice surprise.

myfirstpost 08-08-2019 12:33 PM

The device has been sold.

I'm sorry I'm not sure if (how?) I'm supposed to edit/mark the thread [SOLD] or if that's a mod/admin thing?

Right, I should have read the rules!