digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Marketplace (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/marketplace/)
-   -   Wanted: AG-1980 and TBC-1000/2000,etc (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/marketplace/8509-wanted-ag-1980-a.html)

filmnoobies 02-24-2018 03:37 AM

Wanted: AG-1980 and TBC-1000/2000,etc

shoot me some prices guys. not looking to pay an arm and a leg haha. located in usa. thanks.0

Your post has been approved. Please note that it may have been edited to comply with rules for posting in the marketplace. We hope you're able to sell your video/photos/computer item, or locate your want — all for free, and better than you could on eBay or Craigslist. Thanks!

lordsmurf 02-24-2018 07:21 AM

Note the marketplace wanted rules:
Quote:

Although not required, "want to buy" (WTB) posts should list a price that you're willing to pay. If you're unsure what an item should cost, please ask in one of the other subforums. It's of no use to anybody to expect quality items without being willing to offer fair market price.
You should put a number of that. :wink2:

Understand you're asking for high-end pro gear here, with continued market demand/need (from both pros and serious hobbyists, and they're not afraid to spend what's needed for the quality the want/need).

The AG-1980P was $2k+ MSRP, ~$2k street price, and lowest ever street price from a shady NY/NJ dealer (infamous ads in back of photo/video magazines in 90s/00s) was right at $1k in the mid 2000s (EOL of the deck, clearancing their stock). A refurbished AG-1980P deck fetches $500-700 (deter, TGrant, other seller in the marketplace). Places like Southern Advantage still demand $1k+ used, and they seemingly get it. Anything sold for less is a gamble, especially stuff sold on eBay. Anything for under $250 is guaranteed junk, parts only deck (ie only 10% of original cost).

The TBC-1000 was about $500 new + tax/shipping at B&H at end of life (10+ years ago), and other DataVideo units were just under $1k. New old stock (NOS) still fetches 100% value, and used is about 70% of it, +/- depending on condition.

If your budget is small, perhaps it's time to look into alternative options for transfer -- though understanding you may take a quality hit, or have to deal with other quirks/nuisances (example: "big bertha" broadcast TBCs).

Anyway, good luck. :2cents:

Laserer 02-24-2018 01:42 PM

I have two AG-1970p that have been professionally refurbished recently and unused. This was the predessor to the 1080p. Good unit at a lower price.

filmnoobies 02-24-2018 11:30 PM

I have all this equipment already, simply looking for backups at a good deal. You're prices are innacurate Smurfy. Just picked up a 1980P for $200 off Ebay and it works fine. You have trust issues?

lordsmurf 02-25-2018 07:15 AM

Good luck with that. I've not seen an eBay deck without caps issues in years. I would suggest you're simply not noticing the issues. As I often say, when it comes to video, many people don't know what they don't know -- until somebody points it out. I've seen where people have wasted 100s of hours by doing something wrong, and must redo the entire project. Major quality issues were caused from the hardware (card with bad IRE, bad audio levels, bad TBC, etc) or the methods (deinterlacing in Premiere, etc). Anyway, this is a want ad, so enough of the commentary. Just note that nobody here is going to sell you something for less than its worth. So probably a waste of an ad.