digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/news/)
-   -   Time zone wrong on the forum? Posts show wrong times? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/news/4240-time-zone-wrong.html)

faustine 05-31-2012 10:33 PM

Time zone wrong on the forum? Posts show wrong times?

Hi KPMedia, Just a query..

I had set up the Timezone to GMT+8 Singapore time... However the timing shown in my thread, like my latest post, was not correct....
Its morning 9.30am (1st June 12), now but the timing shown there was 8.30+pm (yesterday)?

** scratch head...

Thanks for making the effort to maintain this forum with your busy schedule.... Thumbs up!

Regards
Faustine

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

kpmedia 05-31-2012 10:35 PM

Moving this from PM to forum post, in case others have observed similar issues... (If so, please post!)

I'm attempting an OpenX integration for the site ads, and there's is a known bug in OpenX screwing up vBulletin post times. I've modified the code, but I don't yet know if time zones show correctly outside CST, where we're located. I only integrated one ad spot, and have yet to finish beta testing it. There's a chance that my "fixed" integration code still improperly overrides forum time. If that ends up being irreparable, I'll remove the integrations and continue with the older (but less desired) ad management code.

Writing PHP is about as fun was mowing a lawn with sewing scissors. :(

This post is being written on 5/31 at 10:35 p.m CST -- actually CDT, because it's "daylight savings" in CST right now, to be technically accurate.
Does this show as 10:35 p.m. to you? Or some other day?

faustine 05-31-2012 11:29 PM

It shows 10.35pm, yesterday!

Hehe...

I do agree.. I'm no coder myself.. I see stars with codes... lol!

lordsmurf 07-18-2012 07:43 PM

Testing the time again. It should be fine now? :2cents:

7:43 p.m. CST real time

faustine 07-18-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordsmurf (Post 21790)
Testing the time again. It should be fine now? :2cents:

7:43 p.m. CST real time

hmm it doesn't appear the right time here.. for GMT+8.. i guess..

It should appear as 12.10pm GMT+8 for the timing now but it shows yesterday 11.10pm

kpmedia 07-19-2012 12:34 AM

One hour off is better than it used to be. :)

You may need to go into your profile, and adjust the daylight savings (DST) and/or pick another time zone that makes the clock match up.
We'll have to use another ad manager now, but it's better than having everybody see way-off incorrect clocks.

faustine 07-19-2012 01:28 AM

Hi KPMedia,

The problem is, I've already set my timezone to GMt+8, but it still shows your time zone only... CST I guess.. .so that's why its showing Yesterday, instead of today Noon

lordsmurf 08-06-2012 04:32 PM

IF anybody else can report their forum times, it would be helpful in troubleshooting this issue. :thumb: