digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Video Hardware Repair (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vcr-repair/)
-   -   JVC PTU94023B jig RCU on eBay, several available! (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vcr-repair/12849-jvc-ptu94023b-jig.html)

rwilgen 06-30-2022 09:25 AM

JVC PTU94023B jig RCU on eBay, several available!

Link below to eBay seller in England selling some JVC PTU94023B service jig remote RCU.
Has more than 10 available, and cost is $7.36 US, with shipping added is $29.13 to the US.
Didn’t think that’s unreasonable cost.

I already ordered one, just passing info along, as this is a hard to find service remote for JVC vcrs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165182730033

latreche34 06-30-2022 11:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The one that I see mentioned in most of the service manuals is PTU94008, But without the rest of the tools and alignment tapes those are almost useless:
Here is the PTU94008 if anyone interested.

-- merged --

According to this service bulletin from 1999 it states that the PTU94023B replaces the resetting unit PTU94008 so I went ahead and ordered one anyway, Thanks for the heads up.

lordsmurf 07-03-2022 11:17 AM

Thanks for posting this. :)

rwilgen 07-05-2022 02:17 PM

It appears they are all sold, seller updated listing with 0 quantity.
Hope those that have been wanting one got it ordered.

latreche34 07-05-2022 06:19 PM

I know I got one, There are 3 buyers who ordered more than one, So expect them to show up very soon for $200 a piece. LOL.

hodgey 07-06-2022 04:08 AM

I also ordered one so we'll see, more than half the cost was shipping but still cheap lol.

Bypassall 07-07-2022 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latreche34 (Post 85678)
I know I got one, There are 3 buyers who ordered more than one, So expect them to show up very soon for $200 a piece. LOL.

Let's hope someone with an infra-red capture device can record the commands to an IRBlaster file so we won't need to pay the scalpers. :D

lordsmurf 07-07-2022 04:13 AM

I've had a JIG for years. Tell me how to dump the IR, and I'll do it. I've made that offer multiple times, nobody ever followed up. But I'm not (a) going to screw around in some clumsy command line app, (b) buy anything to do it. I'm nice, but my time is a premium these days.

BTW, I'm not sure anybody is a "scalper" here, as these were in demand. And I generally dislike that term. It's just sour grapes by those late to the party, in a post-retail second-hand marketplace. In this case, not just years late, but decades. Nobody owes you anything. Any ire should be directed at retailers and manufacturers for not making enough available, not end consumers (including those who buy extras to resale; and you may not know their resale strategy, it may be to help those outside the marketplace reach). I've seen the JIGs before, for higher prices, and those never sold, so clearly there is market cap.

I'd considered buying all of them, to get a single shipping cost. Then anybody wanting one domestic could get affordable shipping. But I decided against it, because I wasn't sure what the non-USA interest would be. Nor did I want to end up with a stack of remotes I didn't need or want. And FYI, that happens to a lot of so-called "scalpers", which is why they come and go all the time. It's just not the money market some people think it is, especially after various marketplace fees, eBay/Amazon/etc.

Hushpower 07-07-2022 06:04 AM

Still 4 available.

latreche34 07-07-2022 06:18 AM

That's the old model.

McCarthy 07-09-2022 12:11 PM

Damn, I missed it by days.

Anybody willing to sell one, please PM me.

hodgey 07-09-2022 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bypassall (Post 85722)
Let's hope someone with an infra-red capture device can record the commands to an IRBlaster file so we won't need to pay the scalpers. :D

I will look into it at least once I get mine, unsure if I have working hardware to capture IR or not as of now.

RobustReviews 07-09-2022 12:44 PM

Any UK people who purchased on and wants to lend it out for a few days I'm happy to do an IR dump.

Those USB programable remotes are probably a good basis to make a file for, if not there are probably a few things that can be done.

Even an Arudino and an IR LED can be set up to dump these with a bit of fiddling.

McCarthy 07-09-2022 01:24 PM

That sounds like a fun project in itself!

latreche34 08-14-2022 12:24 PM

Is anybody having problems with their purchase, It's been a month and a half since I ordered mine and still no show, the tracking # says: Jul 1, 2022 7:32am Tracking Details Uploaded - Jul 1, 2022 12:33am Tracking number provided, That's it.

After a month I filed a dispute with eBay and his only response was what is your address? I responded, it's the one in the order details. I'm not too worried about the refund, I just want the damn remote.

hodgey 08-14-2022 03:39 PM

Yeah I encountered the same, just says it's shipped with no further info. Asked seller what was going on, they wanted me to confirm address, and then asked if I wanted to wait or a refund so I said wait.

lordsmurf 08-14-2022 05:04 PM

An eBay seller not sending products. What a (non)shocker. :screwy:

Don't let that 30-day window lapse. It's a ploy. Get your refund, move on. There likely are no remotes, and nothing will ever be sent. After 30 days of non-send, you'll have neither money nor product.

That seller has "only" 1% negatives, but at that volume he/she has dozens of complaints. Quite a few are for not sending what was ordered, lying about condition, not for the unit as described, etc. In other words, your typical sucky eBay seller with video gear. Surprising that it's UK, as UK tends to be better, but the tarnish of USA/Canada eBay will eventually traverse the pond.

I feel bad for you all. :(

But I\'m glad I didn\'t get one, and have to mess with this nonsense.

latreche34 08-14-2022 06:59 PM

It did look suspicious to me from the get go that someone has an abundance of something that supposed to be rare and only charging peanuts for it, but I took the chance since it isn\'t a lot of money. I think eBay should honor the refund but the seller is going away with the money, worse eBay can do is suspend his account.

rwilgen 08-14-2022 08:45 PM

Wierd,I sent him email yesterday thru eBay. And today you all are posting. I’m Waiting to hear back. Might just get refund. Sorry for recommending this here.

latreche34 08-16-2022 01:48 AM

I got a full refund today that means there is no remote, That sucks. I left him a negative feedback.