digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Video Hardware Repair (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vcr-repair/)
-   -   Index of User Manuals and Service Manuals for VCRs (and other A/V gear) (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vcr-repair/2668-index-user-manuals.html)

admin 12-16-2010 03:34 PM

Index of User Manuals and Service Manuals for VCRs (and other A/V gear)

A number of members have helped this site by posting scans and PDFs of various user manuals and service manuals that you may find useful for your S-VHS VCR, DVD recorder, timebase corrector (TBC), proc amp, detailer, audio mixer, or other audio/video hardware processor. This post organizes links to all of those posts, sorted first by device, then again by brand.

The links go to one of three possible options:
  • Direct links to PDF files, as attached to other forum posts.
  • Direct links to archive files (.7z, .rar or .zip format), with images and/or PDFs inside, as attached to other forum posts.
  • Links to threads, where multi-part RAR archives can be downloaded, or where the manual has been scanned and uploaded as JPEGs into forum posts.

Important Download Notice:
You must be logged in to download files. If you're not already a member, then register now as a Free Member.
Or better yet, upgrade to a Premium Member status to support the community and get access to exclusive emails, newsletters and site content.

What's a User Manual ?
These are what come in the box with your new device, providing instructions on how to operate the equipment. While typically referred to as a user manual, these are sometimes called an instruction manual or owner's manual.

What's a Service Manual ?
These are what service technicians use to repair or service the equipment. Historically, guides like this have only been made available to certified techs because companies want you to only use a "certified" or "authorized" repair center. However, many repairs and cleanings can be performed at home, using basic computer/electronics tools, and there's no need to pay (and wait on) an expensive repair shop. Beyond that, many times techs are simply following a manual themselves, so you're basically paying somebody to read and follow instructions.

By Device ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

D-VHS VCRs:
S-VHS VCRs:
S-VHS / MiniDV Combo VCR
VCR Accessories / Remotes + Controls
Betamax / Super Beta / Betacam SP VCRs
U-Matic VTRs/Recorders
DVD Recorders:
Timebase Correctors (TBC):
Proc Amp / Video Color Processor:
Detailer / Video Detail Sharpness Enhancer
Audio Cassette Players/Recorders
Capture Cards:

By Brand ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ATI Technologies / AMD
DataVideo:
Edirol / Roland:
Elite Video:JVC:
LiteOn:
Mitsubishi:
Nakamichi
Panasonic:
Pioneer:
Prime Image:
RCA:
Sharp
SignVideo / Studio1 / Vidicraft:
Sony
TVone

Have Something to Add?

Simply make a new thread in the forum, and attach your files there. When I see it, I'll add in links here. And thanks in advance, for helping to make this a better forum, by providing your files.

Did This Help You?

Be sure to register/login to the site and hit the Thanks button to the lower right side of this post box. And then if you're really feeling grateful, consider upgrading to a Premium member, or consider a small donation of a few dollars. Surely this has proven itself just as useful as a magazine in the store? Magazines cost at least $5 these days!

berkfaq 12-07-2011 02:51 PM

Thanks for the service manual for Panasonic AG-1980. The intro also mentions using the "service manual for K-Mechanism, Ord# VSD9401M242". Is that also available, as this manual seems to be primarily electronics, and not play mechanism?

lordsmurf 12-07-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berkfaq (Post 18366)
Thanks for the service manual for Panasonic AG-1980. The intro also mentions using the "service manual for K-Mechanism, Ord# VSD9401M242". Is that also available, as this manual seems to be primarily electronics, and not play mechanism?

You'll find those referenced manuals here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...c-vhs-vcr.html

Some of the manuals are not linked on the main thread yet -- quite a few, actually. (We're slowly updating forum stickies as time becomes available.)
Just search the forum (search link towards top of every page), and you'll be directed to the appropriate pages.
If there's anything else you need, reply in an appropriate thread, or start a new one.

And welcome to the site. :)

kpmedia 12-31-2011 08:15 AM

The following is originally from a larger discussion at http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...html#post18717
I wanted to add my comments to this thread, too, as it's on-topic...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blatte (Post 18715)
Funny, because, I never found any service manual for free and always had to pay for it.
I'm not even sure than a service manual is supposed to be released for customers (that could explain, why it's always a pain to find). So too late, I paid for it...... but why don't share it with the community. It could even worth a premium user update

At one point in time, manuals were only available to authorized service centers. Through the years, however, as JVC no longer supported these aging VCRs, manuals were released online both by them and by the repair community. As that community has shrunk -- See many VCR repair shops lately? -- the PDFs have been found "in the wild" on various websites (freebies like the now-dead Geocities.com, etc) and forums, usually shared by former broadcasters, video educators, repairmen, etc. PDF scrapers foraged the web for PDF files, much like email spam harvesting bots, and somebody in some foreign country (usually Russia, China, Pakistan) sorted them, slopped up an ad-filled website, and decided to gouge people with a pay access website.

That's NOT in the spirit of the initial sharing that even put these manuals online.
So every manual we can add here is one less dollar given to those unethical opportunist shysters.

That's the main reason downloading files and images from the forum requires a Free Member (minimum) account. We don't want to piss away bandwidth (thus bogging down site speed) so that scrapers can forage for files. These files are provided for the legitimate media community (both professional and consumer/amateur/hobby), not the online abusers of the world.

drcl 03-22-2012 02:58 PM

panasonic english PAL manuals

I think most of the user manuals are here: http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_G...l#anker_222458

lordsmurf 06-27-2012 03:39 AM

I've added a special note on manual downloads in the Premium Member forum.
Premium Members can see that here: Best site to download free VCR and electronics service manuals

It shows a somewhat "secret" location on where you can find manuals not yet found at digitalFAQ.com

I've also found user manuals and service manuals on torrents in the past. It doesn't happen too often, but it is possible on more popular hardware. Demonoid.me is one good torrent site to check for manuals. Most of them are car service manuals (some legit, some not), but you do find user and service manuals for electronics, video game systems, and computers. You'll need to know how to use torrents, of course.

That is all. :)

msgohan 10-26-2013 03:54 PM

Is there a good way to OCR service manual PDFs that were originally scanned images?

NJRoadfan 10-26-2013 10:34 PM

The full version of Adobe Acrobat can run OCR on any PDF file. Results depend on the input file's quality.

frederick 01-13-2015 02:07 AM

Mechanism assembly for JVC HR-S7965EK video recorder

Dear fellow members ,

I recently bought a JVC HR-S7965EK video cassette recorder which inadvertently developed a fault . With much appreciation I discovered the section on service manuals available for download here. I thus retrieved the service manual from the link given for the unit mentioned. Unfortunatley on reading the section on Mechanism dis assembly assembly it stated that one should refer to Service Manual No86700 ( mechanism Assembly). I later discovered that the models HR-S8960EX,HR-S8965EK & HR-8960AG as well as models HR-S7960E,HR-S7965EF all have, as far as i can see & if I am correct in saying, the same mechanical assemblies. I have tried to look for this elusive manual No 86700 ,but with absolutely no success whatsoever My first request is ,would any of you resourceful persons out there have the required information or a link as to where it could be obtained .

Secondly on reading the section 'adjustment' ,it suggests the need for adjustment tool Jig RCU (remote control unit I presume) PTU94023B needed to enter service mode.It may seem that I am expecting the impossible but is there any of you know where and how much it would be to obtain this item if at all still available

I give a big thank you & much regard to anyone who can help me come to a successful conclusion in this endeavour. Yours Truly appreciated

lordsmurf 02-11-2015 10:42 PM

While I do have many manuals, that unfortunately is not one of them.
Acquiring a Jig remote will not be easy.

ATI_hobby 03-15-2021 01:52 PM

JVC DR-HM30 Introduction video

2 Attachment(s)
I recently picked up a couple of JVC DR-MH30 (NTSC) recorders and the second one had the original JVC Introduction video on the HDD which is normally deleted by the owner. It has some technical details and I thought it would be useful to add to this collection. It's a 76MB MP4/AAC file compressed with Handbrake (original is a 844MB MPEG-2/LPCM file).

Does anyone know how the advertised Time Base Corrector works? :hmm: