digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Capture, Record, Transfer (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/)
-   -   Changed to Pinnacle 710 in VirtualDub? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/12952-changed-pinnacle-710-a.html)

DG1965 09-04-2022 11:33 AM

Changed to Pinnacle 710 in VirtualDub?

2 Attachment(s)
I've been capturing some of my video's these past few weeks but today the capture filters>video decoder properties page has changed to Pinnacles systems properties (attached)
If I scroll along the tabs I get to the original video decoder page and for me in the UK it's PAL_I
Is this sudden change normal? I hate change! From what I remember both vcr input & output enable were left unchecked. Thanks.

latreche34 09-04-2022 03:42 PM

It's either you have updated the device driver or the operating system did that automatically, Did you actually change your capture device to a different one? If not you can reverse to the old driver if you know what version was, and PAL is 625 not 525 by the way.

DG1965 09-05-2022 12:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks latreche34. I will maybe unistall it and reinstall it, I just wasn't sure if it made a difference?
Thank you for letting me know regarding the 625 lines. I followed sanlyn's guide but thinking about it, it's probably set up for NTSC, I didn't know you could change that setting. I will look at the capture pin settings.
Also should I leave both boxes unchecked.

-- merged --

I've just figured out the 625 lines. I didn't have a tape running when I did the screenshot yesterday, now it's 625 (see attachment)
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Lordsmurf link to the 64-bit pinnacle drivers. However, I'm still getting the pinnacle screen? It doesn't seem to create any problem, I just have to go to the video decoder tab. I just didn't want this to affect my captures.
I would be grateful if anyone knows if the video decoder properties box below Lines detected: 625 Should VCR Input & Output enable remain unchecked? Thanks.

lordsmurf 09-05-2022 02:35 PM

I'm really not sure what this is about.

That Pinnacle properties was always there, when using that card. So you must have been accessing something different.

Which Windows version? Remember, Win10 likes to screw stuff up on updates, lots of AV gear has quit working over the years. I vaguely remember you're using Win7, but wanted to confirm, eliminate that variable.

Sometimes you have to play with the preview mode.

Don't forget to set Crossbar Thing properly.

What is "filters>video decoder"? Screencap it.

DG1965 09-05-2022 04:51 PM

Thanks Lordsmurf, Yes I'm using windows 7 and the crossbar is working fine. The filter>video decoder was the first attachment on post #1.
I was concerned the change may have altered the defaults on the card hence the question regarding the vcr input/output enable boxes check or unchecked as I couldn't remember if that had changed. Thanks.