digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Capture, Record, Transfer (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/)
-   -   X800GT AIW - Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or.. (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/3789-x800gt-aiw-setup.html)

contrapunctus 12-31-2011 01:33 PM

X800GT AIW - Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or..

Hello everyone - I have around 50 tapes of family video that I'm trying to convert from vhs (SP) and vhs-c; I bought a JVC SR-388e (only has a TBC, as far as I can tell the filters "off", "dub", and "enhanced" don't perform any noise reduction) and an HR-S7700 (which works well, only features missing are dynamic drum and video stabiliser) to play the tapes with, and a hauppauge HVR-1300 to capture them (though wintv detects it as a PVR-250).
The results weren't bad, with the audio being in sync and the rough beginnings and ends of each video clip not throwing the card off, but I thought I'd try an ATI AIW to see if I could get the video to look better (perhaps capturing in AVI and editing). I found an ATI X800 AIW pci-e card on ebay, so for a few pounds I thought it was worth trying out, even though it didn't have it's original disk. Unfortunately, having freshly reformatted my pc with an XP SP2 disk, the 10.2 catalyst installer which I downloaded on this site (I also found it on amd's site) gave me this message:

"SEVERE
Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system.
Setup will now exit."

I tried installing the driver manually, as I had found a few references to this on the internet, by going into device manager and and "updating" the driver (having to guess "X800GT" as my card after showing windows where the ati driver file was located), which did get the card to detect my monitors native resolution; before it gave me the option to choose much higher resolutions. I followed this up with a manual install of catalyst, which worked once I had downloaded and installed .net framework 2. The next step according to the directions on the thread on this site was to install the WDM software, which appeared to work without a problem, but when I restarted the pc, the newly appeared "ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver" in device manager was highlighted as having a problem. Regardless, I tried installing MMC 9.08 (as far as I could tell, this or 9.09 is what the card shipped with), but when I performed a check with the built in utility, it said that it could not detect a soundcard (correct, I haven't installed the driver for it yet) or a capture driver (it did find the graphics driver at least). This is the point I have reached so far, and would be grateful for any advice on how to proceed.

lordsmurf 12-31-2011 07:12 PM

I've updated the first post in the ATI downloads thread: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...der-hacks.html

The PCI express cards are mostly (entirely?) using newer drivers than the older AGP/PCI version cards. That thread's first posts pre-date the PCI-e information we now have. In fact, I think the thread, while dated 2009, was created by merging several posts from the 2002-2005 time frame. Newer PCI-e cards based on the ATI T200 Catalyst drivers require ATI MMC 9.1x, and 9.16 is suggested as best (in addition to being the final version).

What you needed is on page 3, post #48: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...html#post17586

Try that. :)

contrapunctus 01-01-2012 12:03 PM

Thank you for the quick reply lordsmurf; I did download the pci-e specific catalyst and wdm software on page 3 of the aiw thread, it was only the older 9.08 mmc that I downloaded separately from the amd website. Today I tried uninstalling everything (though I didn't do any registry cleaning) and reinstalling it, with the exception that I installed mmc 9.14 instead of 9.08, and that I installed the creative sound drivers beforehand. However, catalyst still shows the same message when I try to install the display driver (so I installed the drivers manually again), and when I try using mmc, I get the same message (that it could not find a capture driver), and device manager still shows the ati t200 as having a problem (not able to start).

lordsmurf 02-01-2012 05:39 AM

Something just is not installing properly for you. :(

You may need to try again, first being very sure that you've removed every last trace of ATI from the computer, rebooting, and then starting again. If you leave stay ATI code on the computer, it's known to not always reinstall well. Advanced hardware tends to really octopus itself into an OS, and the ATI is definitely among that type of install/setup.

metaleonid 12-15-2014 06:10 AM

I see this card All-in-Wonder X800 GT on newegg and ebay.

I have one free PCI-e x16 slot and I'd like to try it out. The questions are:
Does this function the same as AGP cards, does this card not have AVIVO yet (if it does, then there's AGC which is big no-no for me) and does this card have S-Video in. I couldn't tell about connectors from Newegg.com.