digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Capture, Record, Transfer (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/)
-   -   JVC HM-DF40000U D-VHS can accept external TBC or not ? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/3868-jvc-hm-df40000u.html)

Mejnour 01-27-2012 08:57 PM

JVC HM-DF40000U D-VHS can accept external TBC or not ?

Hello guys,

I read a couple of topics about JVC HM-DH40000U D-VHS.

NJRoadfan seem to have tested, finding some "cons"

It's in bold in the VCR buying guide?

I have few NTSC VHS tapes, but I guess it will do the job for capturing.

Does this device will accept a external TBC and/or proc amp?

I can benefit from the same in-built TBC like in HR-S99xxU model?

I guess for 75$ in working condition, it will do the job.

Thanks for your advice.

lordsmurf 02-01-2012 04:27 AM

Quote:

Does this device will accept a external TBC and/or proc amp?
Any VCR should be able to output video into a TBC and/or proc amp.

Quote:

I can benefit from the same in-built TBC like in HR-S99xxU model?
Generally speaking, yes, the TBC is at least as good as the 99xx. In fact, it may be better, as it does some frame sync. I forget all the details on how it works, and what does not work. In terms of features, quality, etc, this is one where I'd ask one of the other site members that owns these decks. Ask them to come post an anser to your question in the forum. (Please don't do tech Q&A in PMs, as that "hides" advice from future site readers.)

Quote:

I guess for 75$ in working condition, it will do the job.
Wow, what a bargain! :eek:

Mejnour 02-01-2012 06:31 AM

Sorry I though it was faster my PM, anyway I had to do a move because I don't know why
there were many interesed buyer but I was to first to contact the seller, so now it's mine...lol

lordsmurf 02-01-2012 06:35 AM

Nope, PMs are counter-productive to the queuing system for Site Staff. And then counter-productive to the goals of the site (making an FAQ for video/photo/publishing topics) between members. PMs are mostly for private-only type information, not technical issues. It's just what we've found works best for everybody in the past decade.

That's just an awesome deal, too. :)

I'd buy one for $75. (And I don't even need another VCR right now! It's just hard to pass up a $75 D-VHS.)

NJRoadfan 02-01-2012 08:13 AM

The VCR has a frame sync, but it respects and passes on Macrovision if present on a tape. You will still need an external TBC to deal with protected commercial tapes.

Mejnour 02-01-2012 05:32 PM

Anyone know why at p.54 of HM-DH40000U manual concerning digital R3

If you use this VCR as playback VCR for editing be sure to set "DIGITAL R3" to "OFF" before starting

It seem that some change have been made. I have the impression that they have separate the TBC function from the NR fonction. TBC seem called "video stabilizer".

When looking at p.27 of JVC HR-S9900U manual they recommend to set this function "ON" when editing!

Do I understand correctly...any inputs are welcome!

NJRoadfan 02-01-2012 06:53 PM

The 'Digipure' TBC is always switched on in the HM-DH40000U, you can't switch it off. Digital R3 should be OFF and the video stabilizer only works with EP speed tapes and should be turned on when needed

Mejnour 02-01-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJRoadfan (Post 19281)
The 'Digipure' TBC is always switched on in the HM-DH40000U, you can't switch it off. Digital R3 should be OFF and the video stabilizer only works with EP speed tapes and should be turned on when needed

"Digipure TBC" honestly I couldn't find anything name like this in the HM-DH40000U:confused:

I probably missed something as usual :D