digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Project Planning, Workflows (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-workflows/)
-   -   Differents VCR, different color output? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-workflows/3802-differents-vcr-different.html)

Mejnour 01-07-2012 09:16 PM

Differents VCR, different color output?

4 Attachment(s)
Hello,

Slowly I begin to put the puzzle pieces for my first and new editing project.

I received my PAL JVC HR-S7900EK (see picture). I was hurry to test it. First I realize that the JVC TV that I am using is very old (see picture). There is a adaptor for the video component! and no S-video IN! Since the TV was already connect to a Samsung SV-300W (see picture), I assuming that there is a way to manage thing for the S7900EK. Audio is straight forward (red to red and white to white).

Having any SCART (21 pins) connector in hands the the video signal, I tried a S-video-video component adaptor (see picture). I got a image whitout color!?

Using the exactly the same set-up with the Samsung SV-300W (passing thru the S-Video with adapter) I got the color?

Any explanation?

Would like to know what kind of set-up you suggest for capture?

Computer
Video
HR-S7900EK---S-VIDEO---ATI X600pro
Audio
HR-S7900EK---RCA---soundcard

TV
Audio and Video
HR-S7900EK---SCARTtoRCA adapter---TV

Mejnour 01-09-2012 08:01 PM

Since I am working with PAL, I have to be carefull about pro amps (refering about others members incompatibility issue).

Should I use SCART outpout to connect on my PAL TV and do my tuning and at the same time use S-Video and Audio RCA to feed the capture?

Still trying to figure how to manage my VCR-PAL outpout....

kpmedia 01-10-2012 05:22 AM

I'm not sure I understand the intention here.

Capturing workflow:
Video: HR-S7900EK > connect via s-video > ATI X600
Audio: HR-S7900EK > connect via RCA > ATI X600 (which is then connect to the sound card internally/externally)

Do you really need to watch the VCR on a TV? If so, then the SCART adapter is fine.

One of the setups here is fairly complex, with multi monitor viewing, and there is a quality JVC TV involved.
But most of them are simply VCR > capture hardware > computer, which is connected to an accurate IPS LCD.

Mejnour 01-10-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpmedia (Post 18842)
I'm not sure I understand the intention here.

Capturing workflow:
Video: HR-S7900EK > connect via s-video > ATI X600
Audio: HR-S7900EK > connect via RCA > ATI X600 (which is then connect to the sound card internally/externally)

Do you really need to watch the VCR on a TV? If so, then the SCART adapter is fine.

One of the setups here is fairly complex, with multi monitor viewing, and there is a quality JVC TV involved.
But most of them are simply VCR > capture hardware > computer, which is connected to an accurate IPS LCD.

Thanks Again for information, just a monitor is fine with me...:D

I don't know if I should invest in a IPS TV. I can have a like new ViewSonic VP 2365WB 23 for 200$. My acquisition context (basically always the same scene), I have to capture hours of conferences with the speaker always with the same background. Thanks again for the hints.

kpmedia 01-11-2012 07:11 AM

That's a great price for the ViewSonic IPS. Both the 2365WB and 2365-LED are in use here. The "WB" has a lower candela (lower brightness and contrast) that make it perfect for editing photos in a professional way. For video, it can seem a bit dim unless you're in a darkened room (which the studio here is).

For video, I prefer the "LED" model, as it has a slightly higher candela, about +100 compared to the WB.

However, the WB has a much better viewing angle compared to the LED. Forget about the measurements on the box, too -- they're baloney. It's probably about 150 degrees on the LED, while the WB is definitely closer to 170-175. Not that this matters much if you're sitting in front of it, solely for working. But it's something to consider, if you have a preference or need to view from angled distances (which I do, for monitoring captures from across the room at another workstation).

Also: Maybe this topic could be moved to the public forums, too? Any reason to leave it in Premium? (Just checking.)

I'd take a 2365WB for $200 easily, assuming it has no dead pixels.

These monitors are extremely accurate for working with. :)

Mejnour 01-11-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpmedia (Post 18863)
Also: Maybe this topic could be moved to the public forums, too? Any reason to leave it in Premium? (Just checking.)

Yeah go ahead, I am still not familiar with home habit where to post :D

I have also a eye on a Dell 2209WA, apparently it's quite good too...:cool:

Mejnour 02-08-2012 11:50 AM

Thanks for your instructives nuances about the IPS viewsonic.

<< Question removed.
<< Duplicate of this post: Viewsonic VP2365wb/LED: Does monitor response matter for video capture?
<< Please don't post the same question in multiple places.
<< Thanks. -KP